Is it OK to mock or ridicule Satan?

Just wondering, God is constantly mocked and so if The Catholic Church. Are we allowed to mock and ridicule satan in the same way that we are mocked and ridiculed most of the time?

It is not about not taking satan seriously, but of flat out defying him.

Valz

[quote=salival]Just wondering, God is constantly mocked and so if The Catholic Church. Are we allowed to mock and ridicule satan in the same way that we are mocked and ridiculed most of the time?

Valz
[/quote]

Is your intention to repay evil with evil in a manor that is holy? I get the sense that you may be assuming that you can pick a fight with the devil and win all on your own. Maybe you should take the devil a little more seriously. If God wanted this from you would need to ask this question in the forum? Maybe it’s a temtation. Maybe you should remember that of ourselves we can do nothing. Fighting the devil on my own would be like throwing toothpicks at an aircraft carrier.

-D

[quote=salival]Just wondering, God is constantly mocked and so if The Catholic Church. Are we allowed to mock and ridicule satan in the same way that we are mocked and ridiculed most of the time?

Valz
[/quote]

After 40 days in the desert, Jesus did not mock Satan. He stood up to him, and in the end didn’t tell him “You’re ridiculous,” but “Be gone!”

I have a hunch that Satan would be most pleased if Christians were to mock and ridicule him. They would be adopting his tactics.

Blessings,

Gerry

I think to do so would smack a bit of having a prideful attitude. That you can taunt and tease evil and remain untouchable? :nope: Satan has the powers of an angel and is better at the game than we are. I’m sure he’d find a slick way to tempt you. Event mocking him sounds like a temptation.

Valz
[/quote]

Absolutely not! Jude 9-10

"9 When Michael the archangel, disputing with the devil, contended about the body of Moses, he durst not bring against him the judgment of railing speech, but said: The Lord command thee. 10 But these men blaspheme whatever things they know not: and what things soever they naturally know, like dumb beasts, in these they are corrupted.
Read the whole book of Jude
Pax tecum,

I think it is not mocking Satan or picking a fight with him to call him a bully and a liar. It’s just the truth about him that we ought to know and remind others and ourselves of now and then.

…that’s one guy i would not give much gray matter to. That doesn’t mean blindly ignore a true danger… but the last thing he need’s is any kind of press…

Peace:thumbsup:

I do. I think Its fun. but I hang out with a weird group so. I can’t see God calling you out for making fun of the worst thing to exist. But I could be wrong.

[quote=jrabs]Satan has the powers of an angel and is better at the game than we are.
[/quote]

if that is correct, then why doesnt he sit on a mountain with a sniper rifle, and every time a human commits a mortal sin, he takes them out in a state where they will go to Hell? like when a person is going to confess grave sins. why not pick them off one at a time as they line up for confession? no confession=no absolution.

i thought angels could not directly interfere with human events? doesnt only God know the exact nature of the universe and physics to be able to tweak with things (i.e. miracles)? otherwise, why couldnt Satan re-author some physical laws to make it almost impossible for humans to be decent?

id say that if satan obeyed the laws of this human universe, and we put him in a room with the 3/7 marines or 2nd expeditionary force, it would be quite a show to see. id put a 50 spot on my brothers and their units.

like the saying
Q: "why are marine special forces units only 6 members?"
A: “any bigger and they could take over the universe.”

Those who play with fire, often get burnt. Remember that Satan is a supernatural being far more powerful than us mortals and a master of trickery.

I have no problem not respecting the devil, nor do I show him any respect (yeah, in another post, I said he was smarter than me, but that’s because by myself, he is). But, see, I’m 16 gonna-be-17-soon, and I think I’m invincible, so yeah, I get my punches in. I’m not afraid to stand up in front of my C.C.D. class and say that Satan loses, God wins, and that he gets beat pretty badly. I have no problem with saying that there and no problem saying it now. I have no problem calling out Satanists (I’ve done it before) and people involved in the cult-like practices (done that before, too).

Why do I do this? Because God’s with me. (I get this feeling that God just tells me what to say to them, because I can’t come up with the stuff I say.) All three times that I’ve done this (once with a Satanist and twice with people performing cult-like practices [ouiga boards and stuff like that]), they weren’t able to respond to my comments. Heck, this Satanist wrote a letter to Christ, challenging any Christian to contradict what he wrote in it. Well, the letter was presented to me by a friend, and I wrote him a 14-page reply. Last time I heard, the Satanist was still trying to find out how to respond to it.

I’m a little hesitant with Satan himself, but then again, I’m 16, and I’m invincible.

Valz
[/quote]

We “defy” satan most of the time - unless we are out of Christ’s friendship. :frowning: :slight_smile:

Satan is ludicrous in any case. - “he” is not worth bothering about. ##

Why waste your time even thinking about the deceiver. He wants nothing more than for you to stop on your journey to God and wrestle with him and play mind games.

He is real. We don’t wrestle with him. We flee from him by being holy and occupied with holy things.

Talk to an exorcist some time. I think there is a current book out by an Italian exorcist.

The devil is very real. Don’t waste your time trying to @#$%smack him.

You won’t win and you are off mission when you do so. Jesus has great plans for you.

Valz
[/quote]

this is the origin of many halloween customs, such as making a jackolantern, dressing in costumes, to mock the devil and those who worship him, and demonstrate that he has no power over those who put their trust in Jesus, and who are part of the communion of saints.

[quote=Habemus Papam!]Why waste your time even thinking about the deceiver. He wants nothing more than for you to stop on your journey to God and wrestle with him and play mind games.

He is real. We don’t wrestle with him. We flee from him by being holy and occupied with holy things.

You won’t win and you are off mission when you do so. Jesus has great plans for you.
[/quote]

Amen!

Peace be upon all who read this

I don’t seek out the Devil to mock him…but if he comes knocking on my conscience, I have no problem telling him to go to Hell. Often if I catch myself having impure or evil thoughts I say a little prayer, “be gone Satan, I belong to Christ.” The bad thoughts leave my mind. Now whether I’m chasing away Satan or it’s just my own device to shift my thinking…who knows? I also like the St. Michael prayer when I feel particularly under attack by evil.

I dont know, i often, when tempted, think:

“How can you be so stupid Satan, you know scripture, you will burn in hell for eternity, why dont you ask God for forgiveness and maybe he will relent,”

But, it doesnt seem he will listen.

I feel sorry for the devil, how sad that he does everything he can to defy God and make Himself bigger.

Pride is at the heart of all sin, IMO.

Peace out.

Andre.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.