Is it okay for non-Catholics to recieve a blessing during Eucharist?

My son attends a catholic school and mass attendance is mandatory. As we are not Catholic… we are on a wait list to start RCIA and RCIC next October… is it wrong for my son and I to go for a Blessing during Eucharist? Even though I am allowed to take communion within the Lutheran Church, I know that it is wrong to go for communion within a Catholic Church

My son and I have both been baptized… within the Lutheran Church. My son already is feeling that he somehow does not fit in with his classmates and I would hate to see him turned away from the church because of a simple thing as a blessing during Mass. The Parish Father has been very gracious to my son in saying a little blessing over my children during Mass at school. I just want to make sure that it is doctrinally sound for my son and I to do this.

Jamie :gopray2:

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]What can Protestants do at Mass?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.