Is it okay to ask God/saints for a girl's love

For the past year or so, I have been having strong feelings towards one of my female friends. She is the kindest, most compassionate, beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. However, I believe she sees me as a friend and nothing more. Is it okay to ask God for her love? Furthermore, would it be appropriate to ask for the intercession of St. Valentine? Thank you and God Bless.

It's a better idea to ask God that his will be done, and that you receive assistance in discerning what and who is best for you and peace in your soul if she is not the one for you.

[quote="1ke, post:2, topic:230656"]
It's a better idea to ask God that his will be done, and that you receive assistance in discerning what and who is best for you and peace in your soul if she is not the one for you.

[/quote]

Wow 2 in two in a month....but I agree with 1ke.

You question reminds me of the Garth Brooks song....Unanswered Prayers. I don;t think God doesn't answer but sometimes his answer is no. Don't pray for the love of someone, but that you find the person that is going to complement you and be a good match for you.

Would you wish that God over road this girls free will and made her fall in love with you?? Would that really be true love? Again I would pray for God's help in finding one who is your match if that is his will. I would pray for him to help me be the best person I can be so that when the right match for me might come along they say I am the " kindest, most compassionate, beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing".

That's what I would advise you to pray for.

According to evolution you should just grow some balls and ask this girl out

Hey longsnapper93
I agree with 1ke and Alix1912 that you should seek God's will in prayer. I just wanted to add one thing though. God loves us more than we could ever imagine and he gave us this short life to share in that love as best we can with all those around us. He also gave us natural abilities to help us in these types of situations to experience his love in a more special way with one special person(of the opposite sex, of course{we have to add that part nowadays}). My suggestion is to use those natural abilities that he gave you to communicate to this girl/woman that you have feelings that go beyond friendship and that you would like to pursue a more meaningful relationship with her. Take courage and faith and maybe God will reward your efforts and if not you at least will not wonder and you will be stronger for it.
God bless you and your family!

It's not wrong to ask God for anything that could be good.

So no, it wouldn't be wrong - but God doesn't have to give you what you desire, even if a saint is asking on your behalf.

But hell, even secular fathers know to give good gifts to their children. God, your Father, is all good, so won't he give you even greater gifts?

Rest assured, if he decides not to give you the gift of a particular young woman's affection, he has something greater in mind.

But it is OK to ask.

However, on the whole, I think it is best to ask above all that God's will be done. But look at what God did with Moses - God wanted to destroy the Israelites but Moses begged him not to - and God gave Moses what he wanted. And let me tell you those Israelites were being absolutely awful.

So if God says no - you still have the right to argue with him. He's always right - but sometimes he just wants you to prove yourself and prove how much you desire a particular good thing.

So yes, it's okay to ask.

Jesus says to pray in His name. Everything goes according to His will though. Even if it doesn't work out with you and this girl ... there may be another one down the line for you who God knows will suit you better. Take care and Jesus bless you!

Thank you for taking the time to help me. God Bless you all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.