Is it okay to evangelize with Protestants?

I am a Catholic teenager attending a secular college. Upon entering the college, I joined “non-denominational” Christian club. In the club, I like listening to others’ stories and reading the Bible together and praying together, but am quite disheartened when members of the group attack Catholicism and what I believe in. I think in this way Jesus has given me a glimpse of the pain he must feel seeing his Church divided and constantly hurting itself. It has also been a blessing because I have researched and learned more about the Catholic Church than I ever had in Religious Education.
I believe God wants me to stay in the group to try and help people understand that Catholicism is indeed not evil and to promote some unity in our shared faith in Jesus Christ, but don’t know what to do in certain situations.
One of these situations is evangelizing. I think it’s very important to let people know about God. God wants to know all His people. I do not feel totally comfortable, however, administering to people tracts on how to be saved. Should I give them to people anyway because it is important for people to at least hear the gospel and have a relationship with Jesus anyway? I would love some advice for my situation! :shrug:

Thanks!

These links should help answer your questions about evangelization. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Is it okay to attend a Protestant Bible study?

Can I hand out Protestant Bibles?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.