Is it okay to pray with this petition?

Hello,

It may sound childish but I have a question that has been on my mind for a long time and I want God or the Blessed Mother to tell me the answer to my question directly.
I want to start a 54 day rosary novena and politely and respectfully ask our Blessed Mother to come to me in person and tell me the answer.

I am not sure how Blessed Mother would come to me, and given that I am a sinful person I doubt that Blessed Mother would appear in front of me while I am awake, but then I am thinking if she wills, I might get a chance to talk to her in a dream???

…I am kind of desperate for an answer and the reason why I want to talk to Blessed Mother directly is because no one on this Earth knows the answer to my question with 100% certainty.

Would it be okay to start a novena with my petition? :frowning:

Thank you,

It may sound childish but I have a question that has been on my mind for a long time and I want God or the Blessed Mother to tell me the answer to my question directly.

I pray to God every day and ask for His guidance. I also pray to Mary to help guide me to Her Son.

I also ask God for the wisdom to understand His plan for my life and how I can help to accomplish it for the greater glory of God.

You can certainly pray to God and Mary to help you understand any questions you may have. But remember, we are His timetable…He is not on ours so do not get frustrated if the answers do not come when or how you think they should. Remain steadfast and persevere. God knows you better than you know yourself.

God Bless

You can certainly pray the 54 day Rosary novena for an answer to your question; however we should not seek visions. The Saints (such as St. John of the Cross and St. Louis de Montfort) warn against seeking them because satan often takes advantage of us in those instances.
I will remember your intention in my prayers.

God bless

There is nothing wrong with that, I hope the best for your endeavour on this novena, God bless you. But, be open to the fact that sometimes, saintly, much like divine manifestation may not be direct, and may be subtle and small in their signs and directions; rather than obvious and overt.

We are not supposed to ask for visions, locutions, etc., as they can be from an evil spirit in masquerade. We are to present our petitions to the Lord and ask for saintly intercession always with the thought in mind that God’s will, not ours be done. Just continue to pray for God to help you. I know that St. Theresa, for one, has warned against asking for such things.

If we spontaneously receive a vision or an apparition appears, we need to exercise caution and submit it to the Church for discernment. These things are not to be taken lightly.

OP,

I don’t know your background. Where you are on your faith journey. How old you are, or anything else.

I hate to burst your bubble…but prayer does not work that way. Novenas don’t work that way.
Neither, are forms you fill out with your request, send them off and wait for delivery. It is nice that you would be respectful and polite. You should be. :blush:

But to think that Our Blessed Mother is going to come appear before you as a command performance is, honestly, either very naive, or very self centered. I am not sure where you got the idea that she would somehow come before you and answer your question.

I think perhaps that you should pray your novena and ask for her intercession that you will accept God’s will for your life, whether you get the answer you desire or not.
May God bless you and guide you.

Yes. Perhaps you can also discuss the natter, (and your needs) with your parish priest.
Our Lady the Saints, and of course our dear Lord hear all of our supplications, but they are not there to be summoned up and commanded to serve us. That, in my view, is very dangerous, and disrespectful.
Please seek the advice of a priest and leave your life to God. He will do/permit whatever is best for you at each stage of your life, whether or not you believe it at the time.
Trust and humility will serve you best in the long run.

Let me get this straight.

You want to have a private revelation from God Himself or from the BVM to find out something that no one else on the entire earth knows?

Isn’t that kind of an unhealthy spiritual perspective? I’m just asking. :love:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.