Is it permissible to wait a few months before reverting?

I am trying to redevelop faith I once had and return to the Catholic Church. At this time, I am unsure yet if I will be going through with it, but I am fairly certain.

My question is:

Is it acceptable for me to wait several months so that I am completely sure of my decision? I want to make sure I don’t fall away from the Church again.

If you are feeling the call to return to the Church then I’m not sure why you would delay. Remember:[list]
*]the Prodigal son only reluctantly returned home but when he did his father ***ran ***to him.
*] In the Garden of Eden it was Adam & Eve who hid from God and God went in search of them.
*] “Return to me and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts.” - Zech 1:3
*] “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, [then] I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.” - Rev 3:20

The Lord is waiting for you and calling out to you. Only you can prevent yourself from responding…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit