Is it possible for Gentiles(good pagans, good atheists,protestansts, islams, judauism people etc.)

Can all types of people like good pagans, good atheists,protestansts, islams, judauism people etc…be saved if they are good? If so prove it, the bible says they have a gentile natural law heart and it is possible for them to repent and that they are clean (Acts) and i think that is what it says at least.

The point is, can these types of people be saved? I am still confused by all this. But I just understood I should love them and not do anything(or think anything) that would offend them. And also try not to worry so much about their salvation, and just understand they can, and are good too.

Hope you guys can help :slight_smile:

From what I understand from my RCIA classes, the church doesn’t say who will end up in hell. But also doesn’t specifically say that any of us are guaranteed to reach heaven, even if living a Christian life. I think, and plz remember that I’m new and still not a full member, that basically the Church says that nobody knows for sure what happens at the last moments of a person’s life, and we should have hope that God’s mercy is available to them if they repent. I recommend looking this topic up in the CCC for a more complete answer.

ETA: I wanted to add that being “good” isn’t enough to get into heaven. I know some wonderful, kind, loving people that live selfless lives but still reject God.

Pretty good answer ForeverJoy, you must have good RCIA classes,

I like to phrase it this way.

Catholics can be assured of heaven if they follow Christ through his church. this means having faith in Christ redemptive work and being baptized, and remaining in a state of grace by turning from sin and repenting in the confessional sincerely when we stumble. If we do that we WILL go to heaven.

This is the only way of salvation revealed to us. This is it. This is what Christ taught us and this is what we should share with others for their salvation.

If there is another way of salvation, we do not know it, and we cannot have any assurance of it, but we can hope and pray for Gods mercy for people that were ignorant of him.

People do have the law of God written in their hearts and will be judged on their choices based on their culpability in general, but the only way to heaven is through Christ and we should evangelize the world to ensure the salvation of each person.

I suggest reading the Catechism paragraphs 811-870.

scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm

Those who don’t know Christ or his Church, through no fault of their own, may still be saved by living moral lives.

In other words, those who are not under the Catholic Church, but desire the truth so much that they would instantly become Catholic once they realize what it really is, can be saved.

Christians do not use the Old Testament term “gentile”, used by Jews to refer to non-Jews. Catholics do not consider Protestant Christians as non-Christians.

Yes, it is possible that non-Christians may be saved. The Church does not teach that those ignorant of the Gospel are automatically damned.

From the Catechism:

“Outside the Church there is no salvation”

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338

“May achieve salvation” is the key there. It doesn’t say “will achieve salvation”.

May- used to indicate possibility or probability ; sometimes used interchangeably with can <one of those slipups that may happen from time to time — Jessica Mitford> ; sometimes used where might would be expected <you may think from a little distance that the country was solid woods — Robert Frost

Paragraph 848 and the following paragraphs on evangelization are key to ensuring a proper understanding of this. Evangelization is critical.

Can they be saved? Yes.
Will they be saved? No one knows.

Why do they reject God? It would depend on their conscience, rejection of God is not damning in itself. It could be because of pain, or lack of knowledge. In reality only God knows the hearts and minds of all the beings he created.

Excelent

I think you have asked this in other threads and were given a response about invincible ignorance.
I also gave you a link to the CCC with index so you can look up these issues yourself.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.