Is it possible to be recieved in the Church sooner?

no guarantee of what? validity? Just trying to understand. Thanks for your patience

[quote="cheezey, post:17, topic:314587"]
The deacon asked if I was baptized. There was no mention of possibly needing to be rebaptized for this or any other reason.
JWs and Mormons I understand somehow, but what other Christian denominations would this include as a reason? Thanks

[/quote]

There are those without valid baptism..example as mentioned, the JWs, Mormons, the Oneness pentecostals....who have different concepts of the Trinity...that one would need to be baptized validly.

There are protestant denoms who are recognized to have valid baptisms in the Trinitarian formula and have the same concepts of the Trinity as the CC. There is a list...the diocese usually have that list and is provided to the parish. So, just ask the RCIA director for such list.

[quote="pablope, post:22, topic:314587"]
There are those without valid baptism..example as mentioned, the JWs, Mormons, the Oneness pentecostals....who have different concepts of the Trinity...that one would need to be baptized validly.

There are protestant denoms who are recognized to have valid baptisms in the Trinitarian formula and have the same concepts of the Trinity as the CC. There is a list...the diocese usually have that list and is provided to the parish. So, just ask the RCIA director for such list.

[/quote]

Thank you for the response. Appreciated! :thumbsup: :)

I know somebody it was done for this past year.

[quote="cheezey, post:21, topic:314587"]
no guarantee of what? validity? Just trying to understand. Thanks for your patience

[/quote]

No guarantee of validity. Since many nondenominational churches do not have a well stated doctrine or sacramental theology it gets tricky knowing what that one church does without asking exactly what was done at the time of a particular baptism. A Lutheran church pretty much does the same thing regardless of where or when it is done, so you can assume that a baptism in a Lutheran church in Germany is essentially the same as a baptism done in Wisconsin.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.