Is it possible to upload documents to CAF?

I’m trying to upload a word file onto CAF to send to someone. Is this possible? If so, how?

I don’t think that’s an option. Your best bet is probably to put it on Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link.

I’ve wanted to do that wth a pdf file. I really don’t want to reveal my personal email address to CAF folks (no matter how nice they seem).

One solution would be to create a secondary email address for that purpose. I have lots of secondary email addresses. :grin:

But, yes, it is wise not to share that type of info indiscriminately.

If you share a document via Google Drive, does it also share your email address? I never noticed.

I thought it did, but now I’m not sure

i use e4ward

e4ward lets you create a different public email address for each of your contacts, called an alias. Each alias forwards to your real email address (REA). By subdividing your incoming email into multple addresses, you can simply delete any address that starts receiving spam. Meanwhile, your REA is ‘off the grid’. Even if it does become compromised, you can simply switch it out for another REA without having to notify any of your contacts, by just pointing your aliases to the new REA.

I can confirm it does.

If that’s the case, then I wouldn’t recommend Google Drive unless you create an email alias for that purpose.

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.