Is it proper to hold hands during the Our Father at Mass?

I am new to the Catholic faith. I have read some things that conflict with what I am seeing at my parish and I am wondering what the correct hand positions for Mass are and what I should do if my parish has a different custom.

Our parish holds hands during the Our Father (they do not stretch across pews, but each pew holds hands, even if they aren’t acquainted with each other). Is this right, and if not, should I do it anyway since everyone else is, and not doing so may seem rude?

Is there any time during the Mass in which the congregation should lift their hands, and if so, when?

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*] Can we hold hands during the Lord’s Prayer? Holding Hands during the Our Father
*] confusion on rubrics
*] Is it okay to kneel for Communion?
*]Can we hold hands during the Lord’s Prayer?
*]Is there anything wrong with couples holding hands during Mass?
*] How can I stop the hand-holding in my parish?
*] Our Father Who Art Holding Hands from Karl’s E-Letter of April 11, 2006
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.