Is it real: Exorcism

National Geographic Channel tonight at 8 EST. Anyone going to watch it? I think I’ll steer clear of this one. Probably be stupid.

LOL, it will probably be worthless.

If you don’t believe in the reality of evil, how are you going to investigate exorcism? It’s not “scientific”, but that doesn’t make it any less real.

I watched one program on exorcism (maybe the History Channel) and the psychologists were at a loss to explain many of the aspects of demonis possession. The National Geographic show was supposed to get into non-Christian exorcisms as well.

Tune in to A&E for “The real exorcists” to see a rare glimpse of real exorcisms and those priests that perform them today.

Sept 5, 11 pm

Sept 8, 10 pm

check local listing

Any exorcism on television is probably fake. Kind of like the Spirit detective shows.

Father Gabrille Amorth was on it, a friend said, and his book An Exorcist Tells His Story was excellent and an international best-seller. True story.

I intend to someday read both of Fr. Amorth’s books. The sequal is title An Exorcist: More Stories.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.