Is it sacreligous to ever wear a rosary?

I collect antique rosaries and wear them around my neck. I love the energy and history of the idea of many people that owned them before me holding them and praying on them. When I am driving, or simply thinking of prayer, I grab the strand and rub the beads many times during the day. I was recently told me on Easter by my Catholic aunt that it was sacreligous to ever wear a rosary. I didn’t know what to say, I was insulted, but more, thought that she was wrong. They obviously are made wide enough to wear around the neck, and there are ones that have smaller openings to wear around the wrist. Can you tell me if there are any Catholic rules about this? I would never want to wear my rosaries simply as jewelry, I believe that they help me every day, and in my heart, believe that she is wrong. Can you please help me?

jowebber,

The following link should assist you in better understanding the appropriateness of wearing a rosary. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Should rosaries be worn as jewelry?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.