Is it sinful to use birth control to regulate your cycles?

Hello,

I am a 31 year old married woman, I have been having trouble with my cycles for about 9 months, Ive visited my OB GYN twice about this problem and she insists on putting me on birth control to regulate my cycles.I live in a very rural area and there isnt a Catholic Gynocologist around here. I do not want to use birth control because of the contraceptive effects, but I dont know what else to do, because at this point Im not even ovulating because my cycles are so messed up so I cant even become pregnant at this point..I already have a 2 kids and would like to have more. The Gyno thinks maybe being on the birth control for a couple of months might help me become regular again, then I could stop taking it, but I dont know what to do.....Please Help.

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church's teaching on using birth control medication for medical reasons. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
]Is it OK to take birth control pills for medical reasons? *
]Is it o.k. to take birth control pills for health reasons?*
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.