Is It Weird That I Already Consider Myself A Franciscan?

I already consider myself a Dominican. :smiley: Nah, I don’t think it’s weird.

I’m discerning the Dominicans, too! I’m pulled in by the teaching, devotion to the Eucharist, Mary, and their love for Sacred Scripture. There is one convent in particular I’m especially drawn to because of the new evangelization. (Don’t tell anyone, but I really like the capes, too.)

All great things!

It’s a shame us aspiring Lay Dominicans don’t get capes :frowning:

Oh, really? That’s not fun… As soon as I have a high school diploma in my hand I’m gonna go enter a convent! I contacted them and they said any girl that walks in with a high school diploma gets a teaching degree! Can’t wait!!

Went through my second interview in becoming a novice in the secular discalced carmelites…:eek:…there were 5 people on this panel, the counsel to be exact) and it went pretty good!..:D…we shall see if i get invested with the scapular in february…lord have mercy!:thumbsup:

Awesome!

When do you find out for sure?

Probably Dec 19th…I think…will let you know! :slight_smile:

That’d be a good day to find out, as it’s my only child’s first birthday!

:thumbsup: And my only grandchild’s birthday is Dec 20…hope to be rejoicing both days…

Shoshana,

I don’t mean to derail the thread, but are the Secular carmelites very active in evangelization/preaching etc, or is their charism mostly union with God through prayer? Or both?

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.