Is it wrong?

For the past three weeks I have not attended Mass as I have not felt the need/desire to do so, however I am thinking of starting to attend again but I do feel as if I don’t want to go to my usual church. I do have another church that is about a half hour walk from my home and I was wondering if it is wrong to want to attend Mass at another church?

No it is not wrong to attend Mass at any church. Just go to confession and start attending again. Any parish will do.

Hi Starmaiden im so glad you want to return to attending mass.I have repected you for a long time at CAF you are a good prayer warrior! Well done for all your caring and hard praying…thankyou.
Of course you can attend any RC church.Before receiving Holy Communion again you will need to go to confession.But one step at a time go to this other church see how you get on.Go and get a blessing at communion time and find out when their confessions are after.
I have often over the years attended different parishes so did my father before me lots of people do.Im really lucky right now ive finally found the right parish for me.Its 20min drive there but worth it we have a really good priest.
Good luck to you my friend and God bless i will remember you in my prayers.

As Roman Catholics we are not limited to attending Mass at a single church but may attend Mass and receive the Sacraments in any Roman Catholic church. We belong to the Universal Church, not simply our own parish. If you find a parish in which you are more comfortable than your current parish, you may even change your registration. Note, of course, that I am not recommending church hopping.
I have moved much in my lifetime, so have often changed parishes. At times I have gone to confession at one church while attending Mass at another.

My dear friend

It’s ok. No probs. We must obey the church and attend on sundays and holy days you know. Even if we don’t feel like it our obedience is a great expression of our love for God, and God is exceedingly pleased when we make such a sacrifice to please Him. So try to make a big effort.
The mass is the most sacred event we can ever take part in. In it our Blessed Lord offers Himself to the Father as an expiation for our sins in the unbloody sacrifice of Calvary. This is the greatest proof and expression of Gods love for us that we have. Then God gives us Himself to be our food in Holy Communion and this is necessary for us to have eternal life. We can’t see these genuine miracles taking place but they are.

God loves you and is clearly calling you back home. God is the one who gives you this desire. You just have to act on it. Go and tell your Father God your sorry in confession and just try harder. God just wants us to do our best. If we do this He will take care of us and get us to heaven.

I am praying for you friend.

God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

Thank you all so much for your help and words of advice :slight_smile: I am just taking it one day at a time and seeing what happens, but I think I might attend mass next Sunday at this other church and see how I feel when I get there.

I hold you all in my prayers and thoughts.

…Praying for you Starmaiden…
Dear Lord please watch over Your daughter guide her back to You so she will be fulfilled in the next life.All glory and honour is Yours Almighty Father for ever and ever Amen

Try the new church
God Bless

Starmaiden, please remember that feelings can be fickle. Submitting to the church’s teachings in holy obedience is the best way to show your love for God. Please do attend the other parish if you want, but each Sunday you must get to Mass at one Catholic church or another. (barring sickness, lack of transportation, or another serious impediment) And please, do not go up for communion until you have been to confession. You may choose any convenient communion time at any parish, but please try to make it soon. I will be praying for you.

Thank you all for your prayers and words of advice. I have been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend and I have decided that the time is not right for me to start attending mass again. I am just going to take one day at a time and see where my path leads me.

My dear friend

I’m :signofcross::gopray2::gopray2::gopray2::gopray2::gopray2: for you. I’m sure God is very pleased with your decision.

May God bless you and keep you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Thank you so much for your prayers, I will hold you in mine.
I know that I will be where I need to be when God wills it.

My dear friend

Your welcome, and thanks for your prayers. I need plenty.:tiphat::crossrc:

John

Hi Starmaiden
I wish i lived near you so i could give you a great big hug so heres an internet one instead:hug3:
Im so sorry you dont feel ready to try going to mass at the other church yet…i will keep praying for you to hear Him calling you.
You are a very good person Starmaiden i know first hand from all your prayers you give on the prayer forum.You care very deeply for others, thankyou for all your prayers and personally thankyou from me ,for my prayer intentions you have prayed for.
I love you my sister in Christ
God bless

Thank you so much for your prayers and the hug, I send one back to you :hug3:
You are more than welcome to my poor prayers and I will continue to remember you in my prayers. I know that when the time is right I will return to mass but for the moment I will just take each day as it comes. I know that Christ is within my heart and he will lead me to where he wants me to be in his own time.

With prayers and love my friend.

My dear friend

Jesus is waiting for you at Mass and He comes into your heart in Holy Communion. This is the most sacred event we can partake of. We are intimately and physically and spiritually united with Him in Holy Communion. Be sure to prepare your vessel for this most sacred moment with confession if needs be.

I’m praying still.

John

Thank you :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.