Is Jack T Chick conscious of what he's doing now?

Does Chick believe he’s serving God the right way or he knows what he’s doing is wrong but wants to continue for money? if he believes he does nothing wrong, does that mean he isn’t in a state of motal sin?

[quote=abcdefg]Does Chick believe he’s serving God the right way or he knows what he’s doing is wrong but wants to continue for money? if he believes he does nothing wrong, does that mean he isn’t in a state of motal sin?
[/quote]

No I think he actually sincerly thinks he is doing the work of the Lord. I actually have some admireation for him, he does have strong gidt of Faith and love for God. But He is blinded by his love of God so much, that Satan just directs him as he pleases and he never sees who his master really is. He only produces hate, and he uses hate to propel his “ministry”. I pray for this man allot BION.
If there was ever a example of why we need the hiarchy its Chick. I mean imagine if he was kept in check by a bishop or the catachism? He is very passionate and talanted, he could do allot for the Church.

[quote=abcdefg]Does Chick believe he’s serving God the right way or he knows what he’s doing is wrong but wants to continue for money? if he believes he does nothing wrong, does that mean he isn’t in a state of motal sin?
[/quote]

I thought that J. Chick was dead and his misleading work was carried on by his wife?

Read the blurb on the Jack Chick site that tells how he got started with Religious Cartoons.

He was a fellow who had a talent for expressing ideas via cartoons. He was almost starving.

He found that the ill-educated would buy his stuff. Then he found he could sell more stuff if he attacked the Catholics. The “clientel” were clamoring for Anti-Catholic stuff, so he did it for money. He just make more money now by attacking the Muslims. He is known by Karl Keating as a Professional Anti- Catholic, I have Karl’s book Catholocism & Fundamentalism.

scripture speaks of false proffits and demons…

[quote=Jermosh]No I think he actually sincerly thinks he is doing the work of the Lord. I actually have some admireation for him, he does have strong gidt of Faith and love for God. But He is blinded by his love of God so much, that Satan just directs him as he pleases and he never sees who his master really is. He only produces hate, and he uses hate to propel his “ministry”. I pray for this man allot BION.
If there was ever a example of why we need the hiarchy its Chick. I mean imagine if he was kept in check by a bishop or the catachism? He is very passionate and talanted, he could do allot for the Church.
[/quote]

The bishops and the catechism haven’t stopped Bp. Gumbleton, or the folks at St. Joan of Arc in Minneapolis…

There will always be those that “attack” the church. Even those from within. But we must remember Jesus’ words when He said that the gates of hell wouldn’t prevail against His church.

As far as Jack Chick goes, he’s a jerk. I don’t know if he’s still alive or not, but his stuff is still going full speed ahead. Some months ago, I decided to get ahold of some of his stuff. Wrong move on my part, for I now realize that I was harming my own faith by doing so. Anyway, in one of the mailings I got, I was sent a “new” pamplet called “the squatters.” It claims that the Vatican “invented” the Islamic faith. What a joke!! The bad part is that there are those that believe this stuff. All we can do is pray and speak the truth in love. Then, we must leave the rest up to God. It’s the only way to really make a difference in this world.

[quote=Christy Beth]As far as Jack Chick goes, he’s a jerk. I don’t know if he’s still alive or not, but his stuff is still going full speed ahead. Some months ago, I decided to get ahold of some of his stuff. Wrong move on my part, for I now realize that I was harming my own faith by doing so. Anyway, in one of the mailings I got, I was sent a “new” pamplet called “the squatters.” It claims that the Vatican “invented” the Islamic faith. What a joke!! The bad part is that there are those that believe this stuff. All we can do is pray and speak the truth in love. Then, we must leave the rest up to God. It’s the only way to really make a difference in this world.
[/quote]

Christy Beth - fortunately, in all of the Protestant churches I’ve attended, I’ve never met anyone who agrees with this hateful, deceptive nonsense. It would be a sure sign that a church was on the wrong path if they stocked these materials.

Dan

[quote=space ghost]scripture speaks of false proffits and demons…
[/quote]

I fully agree S.G, and if this is a misspelling and you meant “false prophets”…I still agree with you even more. :thumbsup:

yeah, sometimes i’m typing too fast and not reviewing prior to sending… forgive me…:o

“(They) doth protest too much, methinks.” - Hamlet (III, ii,)

I really have to thank Jack Chick, Dave Hunt, James McCarthy and other anti-Catholic evangelicals for sparking my interest in the Catholic church. The more I read them, the more Luke 6:22 kept echoing in my head:

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you ‘from their company’, and reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.<< ASV

With the above verse in mind, anti-Catholic literature started to become like a signpost on my spiritual journey that read:

"This way to the true church: one, holy, catholic and apostolic."

If the Lord ever asks me what should be done about them, I’d beg his mercy on their behalf because I sincerely don’t think I’d now be in RCIA if it was not for anti-Catholicism. Strange but true. :hmmm:

As far as Jack Chick goes, he’s a jerk. I don’t know if he’s still alive or not, but his stuff is still going full speed ahead.

Oh, he’s still alive. Ever see him? The recent drawing below was done by Jimmy Akin:

http://members.cox.net/jimmyakin/images/jackchick4.gif

And this is Jack in his younger and less anti-Catholic youth:

http://members.cox.net/jimmyakin/images/jackchick3.gif

Read Jimmy’s fascinating article about how he met the reclusive Mr. Chick here:

members.cox.net/jimmyakin/x-meet-jack-chick.htm

Funny story according to Chick the Vatican has all his work.

And all his stuff his new stuff his shipped immediately to the Pope.
Guess the pope reads and watches Chick’s stuff for laughs like the rest of us.

[quote=Jermosh]No I think he actually sincerly thinks he is doing the work of the Lord. I actually have some admireation for him, he does have strong gidt of Faith and love for God. But He is blinded by his love of God so much, that Satan just directs him as he pleases and he never sees who his master really is. He only produces hate, and he uses hate to propel his “ministry”. I pray for this man allot BION.
[/quote]

The anti-Chick parody sites show a very different side of the story. It was on one of these sites that I discovered that Chick does not even attend a Church.

I do not think that he is talented at all. I do not admire him either. He has proved himself to be a bigot.

Maggie

[quote=Chickamauga]"(They) doth protest too much, methinks." - Hamlet (III, ii,)

I really have to thank Jack Chick, Dave Hunt, James McCarthy and other anti-Catholic evangelicals for sparking my interest in the Catholic church. The more I read them, the more Luke 6:22 kept echoing in my head:

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you ‘from their company’, and reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.<< ASV

With the above verse in mind, anti-Catholic literature started to become like a signpost on my spiritual journey that read:

"This way to the true church: one, holy, catholic and apostolic."

If the Lord ever asks me what should be done about them, I’d beg his mercy on their behalf because I sincerely don’t think I’d now be in RCIA if it was not for anti-Catholicism. Strange but true. :hmmm:

Oh, he’s still alive. Ever see him? The recent drawing below was done by Jimmy Akin:

http://members.cox.net/jimmyakin/images/jackchick4.gif

And this is Jack in his younger and less anti-Catholic youth:

http://members.cox.net/jimmyakin/images/jackchick3.gif

Read Jimmy’s fascinating article about how he met the reclusive Mr. Chick here:

members.cox.net/jimmyakin/x-meet-jack-chick.htm
[/quote]

Looks kinda like Hank Hill…
If you want GREAT Catholic tracts that can counter his junk go here: grottopress.org/index.html

But maybe false proffits wasn’t to far off :hmmm: Do people get charged money for these things?:smiley:

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]But maybe false proffits wasn’t to far off :hmmm: Do people get charged money for these things?:smiley:
[/quote]

Lisa,

I agree. I think SG gave us the right word, except for the spelling :D. The word should be **profit :tsktsk:

Maggie

Actually Jack Chick is a Jesuit priest…

The Jesuits killed Lincoln and JFK.

They where behind 9/11.
They started Communism and the Nazism. etc

They are very powerful.
If its evil the Jesuits started it.

[quote=djrakowski]… It would be a sure sign that a church was on the wrong path if they stocked these materials.

Dan
[/quote]

Last October my daughter (age 10) was invited by a neighbor to trick or treat with her at her Baptist church. They wore costumes and had games and gave out candy. When she came home and I went through her treat bag, candy wasn’t the only thing in there…there were also at least 20 tiny little comic books by Jack Chick. Needless to say, my daughter is not allowed to go there anymore!

[quote=Maccabees]The Jesuits killed Lincoln and JFK.

They where behind 9/11.
They started Communism and the Nazism. etc

They are very powerful.
If its evil the Jesuits started it.
[/quote]

They also captured Chick and are holding him in an underground cell in Rome. They’ve planted a lookalike in his place and are now issuing erroneous materials to confuse the anticatholics and make them look bad. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.