Is Jesus all of creation itself?

The true nature of Jesus has been a mystery to me, and here’s what I have sort of understood. Let me know if you understand it differently

To me, God is the mastermind, the unbegotten cause, and Jesus is His “only begotten son” (John 3:16), in other words, all that he creates. Creation itself. I think there are a few verses that point to this explanation but they are not very clear.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”(John 1:1) Since God has no beginning, it must be referring to the beginning of the ‘Word’. I understand ‘Word’ as God’s will, and that is what the consciousness we know as Jesus embodied in human form. He said the word, and Jesus came to be. This was the beginning of all creation. “All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. " (John 1: 2-3).” For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." (Colossians 1:16-17). As I envision it, I see this Light as the primordial 'stuff ’ with which everything we was created, i.e plants, animals, humans, all inanimate objects, stars, galaxies- the physical universe as we see it; as well as all unseen spiritual consciousness, forces, and realms unapprehended by most humans. “He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead” (Colossian 1:18). So you and I are physically as well as spiritually part of Jesus/Light/Word, and He is like the oversoul (the whole body) that is made up of all our individual souls (parts of the body; i.e. hands, eyes, feet etc), as well as the consciousness(head of the body)that witnesses all our souls. “Firstborn from among the dead” …that’s very confusing. I know this will be very controversial, do you think it is suggesting that a physical rebirth exists? Is it saying that part of him was also in the first man who died and was reborn from among the dead? I know it’s a stretch, but it’s worth thinking about. It makes more sense to me than eternal damnation, especially if I am to believe that we are literally part of Jesus, spiritually, and in Jesus physically. He is indestructable, so why would parts of him be destructable? I’ve also read in places that the greek word translated as eternal or evelasting meant aeon which just means a long time.

Friend,

Jesus cannot have been created; He is God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity! He, the Word. was present in the beginning. He was with God, Father. It’s right there in the Scripture that you quoted. Jesus is God and not God’s consciousness. Jesus, the Word , was with the Father when He created the world. You need to know what the Church teaches about Jesus. We are not Protestants who attempt to interpret Scripture on our own. You need to know what the Catholic Church has understood about this from the first century on. See:

catholic.com/tracts/the-divinity-of-christ

newadvent.org/cathen/08438a.htm

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.