Is Jesus Christ faith?

This is too simple; I apologize.

Is Jesus Christ faith?

What do you mean? Jesus Christ is the object of faith, he is the one to whom our faith leads us, and he is the source of the grace of faith. But he is not faith itself. Faith is a theological virtue that has its source and end in God. He prompts us and we respond.

-Fr ACEGC

10 Likes

Fr ACEGC

Thank you!

What is am struggling to comprehend, the righteous man will live by My faith, LXX.

I am not understanding the question.

Fr and Adam:

I am wondering if Jesus is Faith.

Jesus says “your faith has healed you” to people that He heals. He is the One that heals them. Therefore i am wondering if in a sense He is Faith.

Also, in Hebrews 11: 1 Faith is said to be that for which we hope. Jesus is the One for which we hope.

Also in Hab. 2: 4 of the Septuagint the passages says …“the righteous will live by My faith.” Jesus Christ is the faith that saves us.

I hope that makes a little more sense.

Your doctor is not faith - yet you have faith that doctor can help with your illnesses. A crude analogy perhaps, but it is applicable to our Lord - also known as the Divine Physician.

1 Like

Might I ask what your first language is? It seems that there might be linguistic reasons behind your question.

Rather it is faith in Jesus that is being referred to as what heals.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.”
- John 14:1

Thank you!

My first language is English.

I have studied theology, philosophy, and history since 1975.

I am a high school catholic theology teacher.

I am sixty-five.

I am pondering if God kept His promise in the Person of Jesus Christ.

God was faithful in keeping His promise.

When we receive Jesus Christ, then we have God’s faithful promise.

I apologize for the clumsy and different way I write and think.

Thank you!

Your question is interesting, as Jesus as identified Himself with other virtues and concepts (“I am the Truth, the Way and the Life” “I am the Light of the World” and “God is Love”).

However, he never identified Himself as literally Faith, but considered it as a very important virtue for us. I think it has to do with Faith being a temporal Theological Virtue, as the only Theological Virtue that stays after death and resurrection is Love; so he cannot be (eternally) Faith. Nevertheless, Faith is a critical tool for calling us in this temporal life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.