Is Jesus Christ in us?

Please do not laugh, I should know, but I am too tired to think!

Is Jesus Christ in us?

If so, I really need explicit passages.

I will look on the web, too!

God bless,

Jim Baur

Well, for one, you get to literally eat the body and blood of Christ. I’d say that roughly qualifies as “in us”.

John 15:4 Remain in me, as I remain in you. ( the vine and the branches)

In a certain sense, yes he is. But we are NOT Jesus Christ.

Some New Agers say that “The Christ Spirit is in all of us”, and that is BS.

But also, some protestants say “We can never be in union with Christ” that is also BS, as the other replies have shown. In The Eucharist, he really IS in us physically, but Him and us are still separate.

Perfect. And we remain in him if we keep his word.

There are many passages that relate to God dwelling within us. One of them is given by St. Paul where he says that we are temples of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus also said that he would raise the temple in three days after being destroyed. He was referring to his own body as a temple. And of course his human soul had the Holy spirit dwelling in it as well.

John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
John 14:23 If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 14:17 pertaining to the HS and not Christ “for he dwells with you and will be in you”.

I find these two passages very instructive. This is how Christ CAN BE in us. It seems clear that Christ may not be in all of us.

**John 6: **51-56 “I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.” The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?” Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

John 15: 1 *“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. 2 He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and everyone that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. 3 You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you.

4 Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.

6 Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned.*

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Were does it say Jesus is our righteousness or justification?

Not sure whether these are what you are looking for…

Romans 4:25

1 Cor 1:30

Phil 3:9

These are great!

Ergo!!!

John 6:54-56
54 he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live for ever.” 59 This he said in the synagogue, as he taught at Caper′na-um.

Gal 2:j20
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me;

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.