Is Jesus still a man

Did Jesus cease to be human after the ascension?

Jesus' humanity is fully intact in heaven. He has a glorified, risen body now. It is one of the reasons why we believe we will also be resurrected to have a body like his, as the Apostles told us we will. Mary also has a fully human glorified body in heaven. Jesus and Mary are the examples of what we will be at the general resurrection.

[quote="Della, post:2, topic:330248"]
Jesus' humanity is fully intact in heaven. He has a glorified, risen body now. It is one of the reasons why we believe we will also be resurrected to have a body like his, as the Apostles told us we will. Mary also has a fully human glorified body in heaven. Jesus and Mary are the examples of what we will be at the general resurrection.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

The reason the Ascension and the Assumption are so important theologically is that they pronounce the truth that mankind will be raised in the Second Coming. If Jesus' humanity was not raised to heaven, then we would not be raised as well. Same is true of Mary. That is why the Church defends and celebrates these two feasts.

[quote="FireFromHeaven, post:1, topic:330248"]

[/quote]

My reading of the link below, from the catechism, I think supports the answer that, no, Jesus did not cease to be human after His ascension, especially paragraph 665.

ARTICLE 6 - "HE ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN AND IS SEATED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER"

One reason the Ascension is a mystery especially close to my heart is the fact that my own nature is now part of the Godhead.

Christ is still man…the hypostatic union will never cease

Absolutely, when He resumed His HUMAN BODY, He resumed being human forever.

ICXC NIKA

In the diary of St. Faustina, Jesus described Himself as a God-Man.

[quote="GEddie, post:7, topic:330248"]
Absolutely, when He resumed His HUMAN BODY, He resumed being human forever.

ICXC NIKA

[/quote]

but even without his human body he was man....he was man since the moment of conception. this is because a human being is a body-soul composite. God is true human being in the person of Jesus Christ from the beginning of his human life and for eternity just as the rest of us are.

[quote="FireFromHeaven, post:1, topic:330248"]

[/quote]

"For there IS one God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus" [1 Timothy 2:5].

"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form" [Colossians 2:9].

See also Luke 24:39, John 20:19-20, 27 and Revelation 1:7.

Was thinking about this today with the glorious mysteries…I’m 40+, raised Catholic and Catholic schools…and it just seemed to hit me today - that the bodies of Jesus and Mary are no where present on this Earth - and that they are out there somewhere in physical form. I was overwhelmed with that thought. It is too much for me to understand, but I do believe it. Could this be why the Vatican has a large telescope and watches the heavens? Are they looking for Jesus to return? Again, I am truly overwhelmed with these thoughts. I was happy to read that others have also been talking about this.

To God be the glory!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.