Is Latin Mass magazine an acceptable Catholic publication?

Is it ok to read Latin Mass magazine? I believe it is put out by an ultra- Traditional Catholic group, I get this occasionally in the mail and I’m not sure why, I never subscribed to it. It seems to not like the post Vatican 2 mass. Should it be read or not? What’s your opinion?

[quote=dizzy_dave]Is it ok to read Latin Mass magazine? I believe it is put out by an ultra- Traditional Catholic group, I get this occasionally in the mail and I’m not sure why, I never subscribed to it. It seems to not like the post Vatican 2 mass. Should it be read or not? What’s your opinion?
[/quote]

Is it OK to read? YES. You’re a big boy now.
“Ultra-traditional” ? NO. A long way from it. Frequent writers are from the INDULT FSSP.
Does it favor the TLM over the Vat-2 mass? Of course. So does the FSSP. The pope said a preference was perfectly fine and for that reason instituted the indult TLM, and the FSSP to carry it out.
For a worthy publication,the following should all be answered in the* negative* when reading any of its content:

1. Does it treat opinion as fact?
  2. Does it make a fact out of hearsay or rumor?
  3. Does what it state as fact, not true?
  4. Does it DIS-respect the perennial Magisterium?
  5. Does it belittle those who have another preference for mass?
  6. Does it quote others out-of-context?

I admit this is one of my preferred publications. I find its articles to be well written, its contributors to be erudite and eloquent, and its message to be hard-hitting but well taken.

[quote=dizzy_dave]I get this occasionally in the mail and I’m not sure why, I never subscribed to it.
[/quote]

You can forward your unwanted copies to me :wink:

Try reading it, giving it an honest chance: It’s pithy, but it’ll grow on you.

LM is totally on the up-and-up. Excellent publication.

Love this one. :smiley:

I can’t say that I agree with everything I’ve read in there, but it’s still one of my favorite magazines.

Tangentially, isn’t it about time for another issue?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.