Is laziness a sin?

For example if you don't want to go brush your teeth because your lazy,.. Is there an acceptable laziness and sinful laziness?

Sloth is a sin (one of the 7 deadly sins).

deadlysins.com/sins/sloth.html

Yes, there is indeed perhaps a cause to call laziness a sin.

However, I would also advise to get a medical check-up. Often things like sarcoidosis, diabetes, Epstien Barr syndrome, and Valley Fever can cause acute fatigue which may induce one to falsely believe one is lazy.

There are punishments for failing to brush your teeth, including periodontitis, cavities and finger wagging from your hygenist.

I dont understand. Is it a sin if you are lazy about doing your homework(you do it eventually you are just lazy about it)?

Or is sinful laziness only when you don’t do what is truly requested of you?

Well, what I don’t get is, if your’e fat, isn’t that a sin, since your’e just to lazy to work out?

Putting off homework (which **is **truly requested, by the way) all weekend, so that one has to do it Sunday instead of Friday night or Saturday when someone had plenty of time can be the sin of Sloth as it causes one to do undo work on the Lord's Day. Also, putting off homework until the last minute can result in lower-quality work so yes, it can be sinful to be lazy about homework --- just as it can be sinful for me to put off practicing my music.

[quote="Timi_Celcer, post:5, topic:333723"]
I dont understand. Is it a sin if you are lazy about doing your homework(you do it eventually you are just lazy about it)?

Or is sinful laziness only when you don't do what is truly requested of you?

[/quote]

Put-off homework is a Damoclean Sword. It's hanging over your head the entire time you're purportedly enjoying yourself. Plus, there's the chance that the "last minute" you planned to get it done in could vaporize due to some unplanned emergency (resulting in a lower mark due to missed assignments).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.