Is leadership vision against the catholic teaching

Because practicing visualization about things like in yoga is against the first commandment. But I’m not sure if this is the same thing. I’m taking a MOOC leadership course and wondering if I should skip that part.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking…

1 Like

I’m not sure if learning about vision in a leadership course is a spiritual concept or just a phrase. Because I shouldn’t practice other spiritualities that’s not of the catholic faith.

Sounds like you have a lot of prerequisite work to do before the course. There’s nothing spiritual covered in most leadership courses. “Vision” can have multiple meanings. In leadership, it’s about planning and goals for your group/organization.

I think you would need to be more specific.

If I visualize myself doing something well, like imagining myself giving a great speech or throwing a baseball, it’s a mental rehearsal, not a prayer to a false god. A “vision” can also be described as a set goal. I could have a “vision” of being a great manager in my office as a goal that I set for myself, but I’m not doing any spiritual practice or praying to any false god about it.

It depends on what sort of visualization they are asking you to do.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.