Is Mary the queen of heaven and what evidence supports this claim

One of my Protestant brothers said this to me

whoa whoa, queen of heaven ? You know how illogical that is. Praying to mary is ilogical. Mary is not like God, who can hear all prayers. Only God can hear the whole world. You can’t call her the queen of heaven. Nowhere in the bible does it say she’s the queen of heaven. She can’t hear all your prayers at once like God.

Did the pope say he was equal to god

I am also struggling with that , everyone around me is negative about the fact that I can ask Mary or a Saint to pray for me. They always tell me those are dead.

I know they expect me to know all the answers but I am only a girl on a spiritual journey every day I am learning something new about my faith thanks to this forum I am so thankful for everyone’s answers one day I hope to have an answer for everything

@Rosie11

Mark 12:24 Jesus said to them, “Is not this the reason you are wrong, that you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God?

All Prayers go to God, there is no dispute of one God (Holy Trinity) or Mediator between God and men Jesus Christ. But saints and Angles are like friends to help us, and intercede for us. Mother Mary being the Mother of God, How much more powerful will be, her intercession before God .AS she was born without original sin and she was sinless throughout her life, who bore sufferings, being Holy, assumed into Heaven Body and Soul ,in John 2:2-5 Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine gave out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” 4 And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what concern is that to you and to me? My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” .Thus even thought it was not the appointed time and note many places in the Bible Jesus done everything on the appointed time as per the will of God, but Through her intercession she quickened the miracle and everyone’s surprise and everyone glorified Jesus and they believed John 2:11 Jesus did this, the first of his signs, in Cana of Galilee, and revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

Revelation11: 19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant =(The Ark of the covenant Mother Mary) was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.
Psalm 45:9 daughters of kings are among your ladies of honor; at your right hand stands the queen(Mary) in gold of Ophir.
The Woman (Mother Mary) and the Dragon = satan

Revelation 12:1-2 A great portent appeared in heaven: a woman (Mother Mary) clothed with the sun (Glory Wisdom 7:26 For she (Mother Mary) is a reflection of eternal light=Jesus John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.”, a spotless mirror of the working of God, and an image of his goodness.), with the moon under her feet (Power given to Her in the Church By Jesus on the Cross the last Treasure and the most important before his death only then he could finishes the will of God ), and on her head a crown of twelve stars (12 Apostles and the 12 Tribes of Israel) (Queen of Heaven also Co -redeemer). 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pangs, in the agony of giving birth.

You can find a lot of apologetics on the Catholic Answers site. Here are a few to get you started.

Is Mary’s Queenship Biblical?

Is There a Queen in the Kingdom of Heaven? Part 1 and Part 2

Studying about these things would be good for you to do, but I would really recommend you refrain from arguing these things on Facebook or online. It just isn’t fruitful or a good use of your time. Spend the time reading and studying and growing closer to the Lord instead.

@Christophe

Tobit 12 :14 So now God sent me to heal you and your daughter-in-law Sarah. 15 I am Raph′ael, one of the seven holy angels who present the prayers of the saints and enter into the presence of the glory of the Holy One.”

Ruth 2:20 20 And Na′omi said to her daughter-in-law, “Blessed be he by the Lord, whose kindness has not forsaken the living or the dead!” Na′omi also said to her, “The man is a relative of ours, one of our nearest kin.”

2 Maccabees 12:44 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead that they might be delivered from their sin.

I know but the person is talking down to me like I’m an idiot saying don’t worry it’s not your fault and things like that when I clearly know more than him because if he knew more than me he wouldn’t be a Protestant

If Mary is the mother of God, you cannot escape that also makes her Queen mother.

Praying to Mary is like asking a friend for help, much like praying to the saints is. Mary is a special case for a few reasons: she is the only mere human without sin (and thus due more respect than the saints, all with sin) and she is the literal mother of God. A great biblical example of her biblical intercessory power is the wedding at cana – the waiters had the wine problem, and were heard by Jesus through Mary, that is Mary pleaded for Jesus to help directly. If you want a guy’s help, it’s smart to ask his mom. Who else would he listen to more? Her being queen of heaven = being the greatest of all saints, due to her being without the stain of original sin. So there is biblical prescribed for your friend that Mary is a powerful intercessor for us, and the position of Queen of heaven isn’t the drastic heretical claim your friend likely thinks it seems to be

I know, and I know you mentioned on another post that he’s hurting your pride because you know you are right. I understand how irritating that can be, believe me.

I can just say, as someone who’s been around for a couple more decades, that you need to pick your battles and don’t bother “throwing your pearls before swine.”

You haven’t really clarified who this man is. If he’s just some random commentator on Youtube or a blog, you will just run yourself round in circles answering him and he won’t change his beliefs anyway.

I just wanted to give you a word of caution about getting completely sucked up into this online argument, because there are better ways to spend your time. You don’t need to give this random person so much power over you. You’re not an idiot, so don’t let him get under your skin.

God bless. :pray:

I second that. Being right is its own reward. If there’s a good chance Rosie will get into a long angry exchange and end up spiritually diminished, then better for her not to go there.

then you should not be engaging with her. she is being very disrespectful and won’t listen anyway.

I would just firmly tell her topic closed because of her disrespectful attitude, and then walk away for the day or change the topic.

is this at school or on the internet

Mary is the Queen of Heaven because Jesus is the King.

In then ancient Jewish kingdoms, the Queen was not the King’s wife, but rather the King’s mother.

Even in the Middle Ages, the Queen Mother (aka the King’s Mother) often had far more power & influence in the royal court & with the King than the Queen-Consort (aka the King’s wife).

Point is: Mary is the Queen Mother, and since Jesus never married, Mary is the sole Queen of Heaven.

God Bless

A lot of things are not said or being found in the Bible.

Mary is the Mother of Jesus, and if He is King, then she is a Queen, in the Davidic tradition.

If she is not in heaven, does he think that she is in hell?

well she is the mother of God in His human incarnation as the Word, the Christ, and Jesus.

Cause she is the Mother of God.

[quote=“Rosie11, post:1, topic:504454, full:true”] my Protestant brothers said this to me
You can’t call her the queen of heaven. Nowhere in the bible does it say she’s the queen of heaven. She can’t hear all your prayers at once like God. [/quote]

[2Sam 7:12 When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers I will raise up your offspring after you who shall come forth from your body and I will establish his kingdom 13 He shall build a house for my name and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever 16 And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before me your throne shall be established for ever]

[Lk1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesu s. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David : 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever ; and of his kingdom there shall be no end .] If Jesus is son of David and king in David’s line then his mother is Gebirah, queen mother in the Davidic Kingdom.

[1Chron29:23 Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him. 24]

[1Kgs2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her , and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king’s mother, and she sat on his right hand .] Soloman the son of David set a throne for his mother as did all those sons of David and kings in David’s line from Soloman on.

Jer 52:1 Zedikiah was twenty-one years old when he became king , and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. his mother’s name was Hamutal , daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah. See also 2Kgs8:26, 2Kgs21:1.

[Jer 44:9 Have you forgotten the wickedness committed by your fathers and by the kings and queens of Judah and the wickedness committed by you and your wives in the land of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem?]

[Jer 13:18 Say to the king and to the queen mother , Come down from your thrones , for your glorious crowns will fall from your heads. 19 The cities in the Negev will be shut up, and there will be no one to open them. All Judah will be carried into exile , carried completely away.] see 2Kings25:1-26.

Despite the wickedness of some of the kings and queen mothers. Jeremiah calls both the king and queen mother’s crowns glorious. No prophet ever spoke against the office of queen mother.

You brother seems to think God is limited as to what He can do and share with a finite man. The scriptures tell us if we have faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains. Point is, just as scripture tells us, with God nothing is impossible. Simple answer it is through the same power and authority by which finite men raised the dead, walked on water, healed the lame, knew the future etc…

We see in scripture angels and elders in heaven, as go betweens, offering up the prayers of saints on earth. Scripture clearly shows some prayers from saints on earth pass between the saints and angels in heaven through the Lamb=Christ to God.

[Rv5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7 … 8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints .]

[Rv 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should Offer it with the prayers of the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s Hand .]

[Mt18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones for I say unto you That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. ]

Jesus says their angels behold the face of his Father. The angels stand in the presence of God. They have continual access to the Father. If one of their little ones are in need the angel serves as the child’s intercessor before God, otherwise what’s the point?

[Lk15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth , more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 8 … 9 … 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.]

Who rejoices in the presents of the angels? Saints in heaven. They know when a sinner repents and rejoice in the presence of the angels they know what is going on and pray for us. We are a people, a body not just lone individuals. It’s not Jesus and me but Jesus and us. The entire body of Christ, through which the Spirit flows in union with that body we all receive the grace to persevere.

I am the vine you are the branches . The vine reaches from earth to heaven and the sap=Holy Spirit flows through all and is in all and by that Spirit we have access to all. The Church is the one body of Christ in heaven and on earth.

[Eph4:4 There is one body and one Spirit even as ye are called in one hope of your calling 5 One Lord one faith one baptism 6 One God and Father of all who is above all and through all and in you all.]

[Eph4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ : 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth , according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.]

[1Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member but many 15 If the foot say because I am not the hand I am not of the body is it therefore not of the body 16 … 17 … 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him . 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body ? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body . 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet , I have no need of you. 22 … 23 … 24 … 25 That there should be no schism in the body ; but that the members should have the same care one for another .] The Church is one universal body, heaven and earth united in the body of Christ, there is no schism the members have the same care one for another]

[Rm12:4 For as we have many members in one body and all members have not the same office 5 So we being many are one body in Christ and every one members one of another .]

[Eph3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ , 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named ],]

[Hb12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God , the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels , 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn , which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect , 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling , that speaketh better things than that of Abel.]

One may come directly to God, to angels, or to the spirits of just men made perfect, through the one Mediator=Christ the veil no longer prevents one from entering the Holy of Holies.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.