Is Mary the reincarnation of Eve?

A friend of mine has told me, in order for Mary to be both sinless and in possession of the knowledge we obtain from learning from our sin, she must’ve lived a previous life in which she experienced the things that a normal sinful person would experience and subsequently learn from. Given the Father’s insistance on Our Lady being the ‘new Eve’, he has claimed her as the most possible person Mary was in a “passed life”. I have reiterated what the Fathers said about reincarnation to him, and he claims he doesn’t necessarily believe in “reincarnation”, but he can’t think of any other answer to his conundrum.

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Can Mary really be the new Eve?
*]Reincarnation in the Bible?
*]Reincarnation
*]Does the Bible teach reincarnation?
*]What is Church’s teaching on reincarnation and did this get addressed at any council?
*]Is John the Baptist a reincarnation of Elijah?
*]What does the Church teach about reincarnation?
*] May Catholics believe in reincarnation in place of hell?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.