Is Muhammad in the Bible?

Supposedly his ancestor is in it, Ishmael, son of Abraham. Abraham’s wife Sara couldn’t conceive so she let him try to have baby with his maid Hagar and she conceived Ishmael. Then once she conceived, I believe Sara threw her out of the house (poor maid can’t catch a break - wife lets’ husband try to have baby with her, then wife throws her out of house once maid conceives).

Ismael is in Scripture. Yep.

" when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth"

" He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears"

Mohamed didn’t Spoke from his own he actually Spoke from what he hears (from Gabriel); Pentecost, Holy Ghost doesn’t speak, he tells and cannot be seen and also didn’t told us about what will come, but Mohamed did that already we can check that he told Muslims about many professes starting from ruling the east , which made his people mocking on him because he told them that while he wasn’t able to rule his own village.and he talked about many things until the end of times…
“and he will tell you what is yet to come”
Already mentioned this …
"He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Here Jesus said “will glorify me” , then explained that he is representing the Father, so he’s telling us that Mohamed or that person will take his message directly from the God Father.
So truly we cannot find Jesus Christ telling us that the God will tell us what God receives from God isn’t? As Holy spirit is God , Jesus is God, Father God?
So clearly we are missing the point about who is God and what Spirit means and what Father means , and am not talking like many people from just an emotional point of view as Jesus in the bible made clear statements about that already and we cannot follow just unreal and inadequate and Incoherent interpretations of our main base of belief, in such confusion and contradiction which means , if Jesus himself didn’t told us clearly anywhere am your God or even outside of that metaphorical sens that he is the son of God because when i hear clear statements from him i only found things like that:
Jesus told her, “Don’t hold on to me! I have not yet gone to the Father. But tell my disciples that I am going to the one who is my Father and my God, as well as your Father and your God.”
“I have not yet gone to the Father” : Jesus is not eternal he never met the Father.
“am going to the one who is my Father and my God, as well as your Father and your God”
So God or son of God cannot clearly tell in that clear and strict way that you can found in all bibles versions in same meaning, saying and defining clearly that word Father is applying in same way for the believers (disciples etc) , so they all believers are brothers and sons of God, and Jesus called his father and God as well as the believers father and God.
In summary when we find clear definition of on true God already in tongue of Jesus himself we cannot take our faith from other people than him to clear us this important very basic point.

If at all Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible,it is in Revelation.As the false prophet!!The actions and results almost tallies.

I was thinking Matthew 7:15.

No he isn’t. Muhammad is nowhere in the Bible

Muhammad lived hundreds of years after the books of the Bible were written, thus he is not mentioned.

The Bible does warn us of false prophets who will claim to either be the messiah or know the messiah and we should be weary of them. I’m not saying Muhammad was a false prophet or was a prophet (this thread isn’t the place to discuss that) but one could argue if they wanted that Muhammad is indirectly mentioned with 2 Peter 2:1-3

24 for false Christs and false prophets will arise and provide great signs and portents, enough to deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Matthew 24:24

Allaha> is the same as Allah in Arabic is the name of God in the original scripture language, just the same as Koran term. Moshe >>sh was pronounced SS So am surprised Moshe is the same as Arabic Mossa Yishmaael>>Ismaael the same Aadam>>Adam same as well “Eesho” or more specifically “Eesa” is the same in Arabic As Essa (Jesus) So that proves that the names of Prophets And God in Holy scripts are the same as Koran. All those translations and derivations to Greek Hebrew then other languages then hiding the original scriptures until not found and not used is a proof of distortion and corruption made by the powerful old Jews that was against Jesus (Eesho) and the reason for all this mess!
The problem here that nobody could himself understand or even come into his mind that Those names are the names used By God the original unchanged names that GOD all mighty was calling and will call those people with!!!The names God gave those Angels like Gabriel is called "Jebreel " , Mohamed also has been removed and distorted as those names and probably this was the main reason for corruption of all names.>>this what people are in lack to understand and be aware of. As for Jews the most important point was the Messiah which is discovered later to be an Arabic Prophet and not Jewish prophet so how would they leave it just like that in same way he was mentioned??? As they have been already accused of many corruptions even inside other Jewish tribes. and not only from non Jewish people.(even i believe the attempt to kill Jesus was because of the preaching of the coming of Muhamed PBUH and their only problem is that they believe he should be Jewish :slight_smile:
for false Christs and false prophets will arise and provide great signs and portents>that’s actually what Jews believe in: the False Christ : they are waiting for him…So we cannot trust the later editions of Books they delivered to us and also interpret the words literally same way they do!

Ah yes, the traditional paranoia about the ‘naughty Jews’ which infects the Middle-East (and many other places for that matter) to this day.

"But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. "

Here what is told that the Advocate first of all is not mentioned as the Holy Ghost but the “Advocate” and later described as the “soul of truth”
In Christian faith there is strong believe that Holy Spirit is God and that this God is being in flesh (because Holy spirit as separate God has no strong foundation in Bible but just to make the Advocate looks as separate God)
Holy Spirit cannot be a separate God because clearly is mentioned as the Soul of God Father and not any other souls or this will be only totally false and nonsense.
So If Jesus Already has the Spirit of the Father or the Holy Spirit, then How Jesus said that the Advocate “will only come” if “i leave”?
Then either Jesus had not the Holy Spirit in it or the Soul of God Father, or that there is strictly 3 independent Gods that are not 1 piece and have their own Holy Spirits(because look… when we analyses the trinity concept that makes them 1 piece and makes Jesus not independent from Father and Holy Spirit ) then we cannot make Jesus has another Spirit either human or not, so here clearly Jesus said if “advocate " is Holy Spirit; he said that way that Holy Spirit is not existent with Jesus in the earth and means Jesus is already a 100% Human soul and flesh or another 100% independent God which is not true according to the basics of Christian faith.
Next he said: And when He comes"Advocate”, he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because they do not believe in me…
So if people didn’t believed “God in flesh with miracles” would they believe the transparent Holy spirit , and did Holy spirit that actually all bibles were found upon this Story of Advocate , because people was preaching the advocate and he didn’t came! so they had to do something and each one of them said he was inspired by the Holy Spirit …But Guess what…when you see what Jesus said about the Advocate and actually what those bibles have presented to us as content , you will understand that Advocate is 100% without doubt is prophet of Muslims Mohamed :
Jesus said: "However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come. 14He will glorify Me by taking from what is Mine and disclosing it to you. 15Everything that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will take from what is Mine and disclose it to you.
16In a little while you will see Me no more, and then after a little while you will see Me.”

This means that Bible versions or at least one of them should glorify the Father, should tell us professes, and should show us the truth and guide all the world to the truth, and the "Advocate will not talk from his own>>but what he hears and nobody except Mohamed matches this description as he only heard from Angel Gabriel , and not the Spirit of God that will not speak from his own but from his own in same time!!!.

This is disprovable simply by the fact that Mohammad does literally the opposite of glorify Jesus. He profanes Jesus. He claims that Christ was nothing more than a man.

ProdglArchitect
Do you know what Mohamed said about Jesus?
If you read deeply what Jesus said, that Advocate will not talk from his own, so you have to say at least Koran said or Father inspired him through Gabriel;
But Koran said about Jesus the next:
*Jesus is a Holy spirit from God, Jesus is like Adam the father of all human Kind (that already all Angels prostrated to Adam in the heavens in front of God (Father if you want).
*Jesus is the word from God (God said to Jesus "Be " and created him directly inside the virgin Mary.)
*So Jesus Is equal to Adam in the Holiness of creation, in addition Jesus received the Holy Spirit that allowed him to perform miracles.
*Jesus never said am your God(According to Koran, but worship the true one God that sent me, and he said i performed miracles in the name of my father and not myself)
*Also said God raised Jesus to the heaven (flesh and soul /alive) and actually uplifted the mystery of did he actually died, where is his grave, did only his body died and his soul did not and actually all that is a mystery as even we cannot understand what soul did go to the father? (father’s soul, Holy Spirit which will be sent if we analyses advocate as Holy spirit, or a third soul while they told us there is one soul and 1 person…)

So when i actually verify Bible i can’t see where Jesus actually said am God(just said my father and your father , my God and your God and the one who sent me etc, but why should we understand the same words elsewhere as another meaning rather than what Jesus said in his own tongue, or to use what other people described Jesus from their own belief or understanding after Jesus left!?
Instead Jesus said: “And when He comes"Advocate”, he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because they do not believe in me”

did actually the bibles that confused the world and didn’t glorified father and came up with professes, did they truly convicted the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin?

The Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.

Yeah, I know all that, and do you know what the New Testament says Christ said about his divinity?

Let’s start with the very opening of John:

The Word is Jesus Christ. This is clear through all the various NT passages that explicitly refer to Christ as the Word of God. Hence, according to this, Jesus Christ, as the Word, is God.

Now, from His own mouth, we see;

John 8:58

On saying this, they took up stones to kill him. Why would they do that unless he was taking on the name of God for himself? For the Jews to stone someone was illegal under Roman rule, the punishment for those involved would have been death. Nothing else Christ had said preceding this would have warranted the kind of reaction we see from the hearers. Only this proclamation, taking on the very name of God for himself, could possibly explain their sudden violence.

In Mark 14 we see this:

In this passage, Christ hearkens back to Daniel, but I hoenstly can’t do the explanation justice, so I’ll direct you here:
Did Jesus Claim to be God

I’m sure you will dismiss these as later addition or misrepresentations, but the whole of Christendom believed them for the first few centuries until the Arian heresy took root. This heresy influence Mohammad in his proclamations, and has also influenced certain modern sects. However, the Early Church Fathers were clear and universal in their proclamation as Jesus as God.

The Divinity of Christ

At the end of the day, Mohammad took God incarnate, and attempted to reduce him to a mere mortal, however extolled that mortal may be. He attempted to dismiss the core of Christ’s identity in favor of a lesser interpretation that wouldn’t cause any issues with Mohammad’s violent conquest. He is an anti-Christ, and the Bible warns us about people just like him.

I honestly couldn’t care less what some middle eastern warlord had to say about Jesus Christ more than four centuries after his death. The fact that people were so willing to believe that Mohammad knew the truth, when those people closest to Jesus had said literally the exact opposite, shows the great lengths to which people are willing to go to not be challenged by the Truths of the Gospels.

Here’s a little bit more for you to read. I think it will help you dispel this false notion that Jesus never made any claims to divinity.

The Divinity of Jesus According to Mark

Made claims, or NEVER made claims?

Oops, thanks for the correction >_> First I attribute the Word passage to Luke, now this. I need to re-re-re-read before I post…

Yes, Muhammad is in the Bible. He is one of the people Jesus was describing when He said:

“And if anyone says to you at that time, ‘Look! Here is the Messiah!’ or ‘Look! There he is!’—do not believe it.” Mark 13:21

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

This is Book of Genesis and referring to the Hebrew Bible (the Tanakh) and the Old Testament.

1.So Jesus didn’t say that, and in fact we have to interpret it as the Father and not Jesus.
I can see that John did told us more than Jesus did to say about himself or God while he is neither a direct Apostle of Jesus or even interpreted as the Advocate.
So he can be nothing but the false prophet from the antichrist family or the antichrist himself referring to Jesus.
So what i saw in (Malachi 3:1-5) that actually John wanted to be interpreted as the Advocate himself "There came a man who was sent from God. His name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify about the Light, so that through him everyone might believe. 8He himself was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. "

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.
"Yes Jesus is the word from God the word that you just mentioned in the very opening of Luke.(So if he came from the word of God that was God or God’s will), then he was existing and everybody was existent in the world of “pre-creation”
*But not only that, Jesus is a special soul “Holy spirit” may truly existed for sure before Abraham, until that soul sent from God to Mary to give born to Jesus as a human being.

62 Then Jesus answered, “I am;

Yes Jesus is the Messiah , but son of God is an added word i can prove it if you want just in 1 minute.(as that happened many times from version to another they changed the word Messiah to Messiah son of living God etc)

and ‘you will see the Son of Man
seated at the right hand of the Power

*Yes means son of man Jesus as he said will be seated at the right hand of the Power(God) which means he will have great ranking at that time(day of judgement), even Moses is mentioned to exist near the thrown of God in that day including the best of human believers mainly the latest prophets etc.

and coming with the clouds of heaven.’”

Jesus will do that when he returns to kill Antichrist and to spread his new message and glorify the father according to bible and Hadith of prophet Muhamed as well describing this fact exactly with more details and professes.

So better to understand Father as the one true God; Holy spirit the spirit that came from God, and the word of God as the will of God “God says for anything be and it is”
After that give any contradiction that actually can still exist in any bible that makes Christians confused about the religion and God.

[Did Jesus Claim to be God]
No he didn’t , and the misinterpretation is true not in all bible but specially in some spots where they clearly change for example Messiah to Messiah the son of the living God , this actually enough to prove misinterpretation made by some authors of some bible versions even if you find one bible that didn’t used same definition that should be misinterpretation and misquotation as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.