Is Muhammad in the Bible?

Part1

I am not in a position to tell God anything on the Day of Judgment. I will be throwing myself upon His mercy.

That’s true as no human being could go to Paradise without God’s Mercy;
But do you know that Allah (same name in Aramaic scriptures) mentioned in Koran :
(48) Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.
(49) Have you not seen those who claim themselves to be pure? Rather, Allah purifies whom He wills, and injustice is not done to them, [even] as much as a thread [inside a date seed].
(50) Look how they invent about Allah untruth, and sufficient is that as a manifest sin.
(51) Have you not seen those who were given a portion of the Scripture, who believe in superstition and false objects of worship and say about the disbelievers, “These are better guided than the believers as to the way”?

Yes. The New Testament was written by, for, and about Catholics, and the Church knows who are the authors.

(34) O you who have believed, indeed many of the scholars and the monks devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah. And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment.
(35) The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], “This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard.”

Evidently it is enough for all Muslims. The Koran is enough to reject the person and work of Christ.

(116) And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, “O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, ‘Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah?’” He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.
(117) I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.
(118) If You should punish them - indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them - indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
(119) Allah will say, “This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness.” For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment.
(120) To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is within them. And He is over all things competent.

There is no need to do so. I have not claimed to have written any of it.

Are you Allah or something superior to say that?

Part 2

On the contrary, I know very little about you. I do know there are many Muslims who are not Arab. But is is of no matter. Jesus was descended from wandering Arameans, as are the Arabs today. They are the children of Ishmael.

Am talking about people that say Koran is not for us… while only the Koran is the scripture that was sent to all human beings, including a chapter to Jinn beings.

Christianity is founded upon Judaism. Jesus, and all of the Apostles were Jews. We are “Messianic Jews” who have received Jesus as the promised Jewish Messiah.

Did Jesus found Christianity or asked to do so or was he Christian or Jewish by faith? But you have to know that the true followers of Jesus were condemned and rejected and the true believers were very little.

Are you speaking in the voice of Allah?

If you have a strong knowledge of the true God , then you can talk through this knowledge…as Allah made us superior only if we can recognize and believe in the truth and not to follow devils and Satan foot steps.

I can understand why that makes sense to you, but this was not the plan of God for His Holy Bride, the Church. He revealed Himself to our fathers, and committed to the Church the Holy Writings, which are inspired and inerrant.

You cannot believe that as if that God you have in your imagination was true he will preserve the original books(but God preserved books for certain time, then when Koran the last revelation came God will not preserve books specially made for Jews and after being corrupted by them specially for the reason of the non acceptance of Jesus as Messiah and also Muhammad as well as they are waiting for a king to rule the world and make them over other human kind…the corruption and non existence of original books is not a coincidence.

The anti-Semitic attitude just rolls of those posts. That inclination to blame the Jews for things is a crippling weakness in much of the Islamic world and it is essentially an attitude that needs to go. If it is not them, then it is the ‘great Satan the USA’ or ‘the colonial powers’, whilst none of those groups could be said to be absolutely innocent or free of blame it becomes increasingly apparent that much of the Muslim world, and in particular the Middle-East, is unable to move past looking for easy scapegoats.

Stop. Using. The. Koran.

Seriously, if you can’t prove that you’re worth listening to, just stop posting. I do not care about the Koran because you can’t given me any reason to care.

Here’s something I’ve never understood about the Quran. The Quran claims that we Christians/ Catholics worship Mary, and that we worship three gods. Except no where does Christianity claim to do either of those things. You will not find a single Catholic document or teaching that says we worship three gods. You will not find a single document or teaching that portrays Mary as a goddess. And yet the Quran, purported to be dictated directly to Muhammad by Allah, gets these two fundamental facts about Catholics wrong, so very wrong. How can that possibly be?

Power of Koran : contradiction free, being impossible to reproduce , being proclaimed as the final revelation for all creatures of God, being not limited to Jews like was Torah and Gospel,
no books came after, as you confess messiah came, then why the people that received those books still waiting for the “False Messiah” , isn’t enough to stop considering their specific books that lost their original God books, a reason to look to an universal book and study it deeply then make a choice?
You should stop talking about non Holy Books as only Holy Books were only books and words of God and not interpretations and opinions and reporting about Holy books including an absolute belief in ideas without proofs even you cannot prove that from those books/ because you don’t have even translated Gospel at least(not even talking about original Gospel that i believe it was uplifted with Messiah) to make me look at it or even the Aramaic Torah!! So if they are not corrupted why Jews not believing in Jesus and waiting Messiah which prophet Muhammad professes talk about them as the people that will follow the false Messiah, the Antichrist that will come on a Donkey!and will perform miracles and say am your God, so how you will make difference between this one and true Jesus when he returns surely after the Antichrist?.

Books came after the Gospel only because Muhammad decided he wanted to make a power play and start a religion. It has nothing to go with God. Jews stayed Jewish because they didn’t believe in Jesus. That’s just how it is.

You’re still not proving that the books are corrupted…

Really so at least Jews the people of those books with the corruption they made they didn’t say Jesus is God but there is true one God, so are you telling them we know who is Jesus better than you?
The truth that they knew Jesus is proclaiming to be the Messiah and that’s fine for them initially , but when he told them only about God and their sins and corruption of books and killing prophets…and that he is not coming to be their King and to make them rule the world they just rejected him.

So in same time when your source is corrupted in their belief then your books built upon those books are 100% corrupt.

What? That made no sense. Please explain it again.

I think he’s saying that we corrupted an already corrupted understanding. The people who best understand the Torah/Old Testament are the Jews (ignoring the fact that in Jesus’ time they couldn’t even agree on what the “Old Testament” was), and with their (corrupted) books, they came to the conclusion that Jesus was not the Messiah. We supposedly use those same corrupted books with our already deficient understanding of them since we did not come to the same conclusion regarding Jesus as they, the most knowledgeable about those books, did.

I think that’s what he’s saying anyway.

Ridiculous at best, because he hasn’t proven that the Jews even corrupted anything.

OK now let say I am Jewish, and God sent me Moses with Torah /old testament, and many scriptures, including Gospel that was uplifted with Jesus that’s why it’s not found or burned and left no trace of it…Now If we the people of those Books believing in one True God without trinity.

How you want to use the same books to prove another religion and belief? actually from new testament built from interpretations/History reporting about Jesus(from many and different beliefs and sources and not from Gospel for example!)
So if the belief of the original receivers and concerned by those books are corrupted in their belief then how your belief should be true and not even by far more false and confusing.
But for the book that God made for you and for Jews as well , with actually original state , with falsifications tests to prove it’s from God !; you just reject it! is that a logic.

Prove it.

And? Paul taught only what had already been said by Christ. Peter did the same. All of the NT is inspired, at least in our belief.

You never proved that the Jews corrupted things.

I reject the Koran because I have no evidence to believe it’s anything more than ramblings.

More so than that, you have the fallout it has wrought upon the world wherever it treads.

Arguing from silence is a logical fallacy. You are the one claiming it’s corrupted, so since you are the one making that charge, it’s your burden to prove its corruption. So go ahead – the Gospel was written in Aramaic and Koine Greek. Show us exactly where it was corrupted.

It’s in bookstores everywhere. Might want to pick up a copy. I recommend NAB, not NABRE.

Check the catechism. There’s references everywhere that ensue everything is airtight.

And it’s built on the basics of what Jesus taught.

Nope. Neither of those follow from anything you’ve said.

Evidence that it’s worth believing.

Crusades were defensive wars against Muslim aggression and the Brits promised Israel to the Jews after WW1.

Jesus spoke in parables so that we might understand. That doesn’t mean He isn’t God.

You can ignore evidence all you want, but the trinity is biblical.

Nothing against them?! NOTHING AGAINST THEM?!???

…I wrote out a really long post about everything I believe about Islam based on the evil that religion has wrought on our planet, but after rereading it, I honestly think it would have gotten me banned, so I’m just going to leave you with my closing statement.

I believe that, at the end of time, when our merits and choices are revealed, and all the good and the evil they have wrought on the world is made known, the only person that’ll top Mohammad in terms of the damage done by his choices will be Adam, and that only in light of the fact that Adam’s one choice has allowed all other sin to happen…

The OT does have commands to kill, straight from the mouth of God. Here’s the thing though. The societies that the Jews were supposed to wipe out were horrifically evil to their very core. These were societies that thought nothing of burning their children alive in sacrifice to Baal. These were societies that had given themselves over entirely to the Devil. Compare that to the societies that Mohammad attacked, merely by virtue of not believing what he was teaching. He was a worldly-man seeking worldly power and wealth, he just used a false religion to attain his goals.

The two things are literally as different as night and day. I know you don’t know that, or at the very least don’t believe it, but to compare the OT calls for destruction to Mohammad’s is incredibly misguided.

And if you ever try to say that Islam only destroyed evil societies, tell that to the Byzantines.

Jesus was raised as a Jew. He founded One Church, which is Catholic. Do you think someone asked Him to do this? Do you think it was not his idea?

No, these are historical facts.

Superior to whom? Do you think that all Christians are inferior?

Yes, we can, and we do believe that God has preserved His Word, both in the Scriptures and in the Sacred Tradition.

Jews and Christians do not recognize the Koran as a revelation from God. Christians believe that Jesus was the final and full revelation by God of Himself to human kind.

Both Jews and Christians believe that God has preserved the Holy Writings entrusted to our care. I think you believe that the Christian Scriptures are “corrupted”.

There are Jews who are expecting a different Messiah than Jesus.

I think you would like to discount the validity of the Christian Scriptures because we do not have the original manuscripts. This is your prerogative.

I think that blame is one of the hallmarks of a dysfunctional system. All systems that are dysfunctional need to fix blame, whether they are couples, families, corporations or religions.

So Muhammad says that the antichrist will come on a donkey and perform miracles?

You seem to have made it clear that you do not consider the Christian Scriptures as Holy Books, and that the Koran is the only Holy Book. I am curious why you have come to a Catholic website, to tell us we should stop reading our Scriptures. What is your goal here? Do you think you can get us to abandon our faith and convert to Islam?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.