Is Muhammad True Or False Prophet?

We know how Muslims regards Muhammad as the last prophet of God who confirmed all the prophets before him. He was seen as impeccable in character and sublime in morality; the perfect human for all to follow. Yet Christians don’t see this man as what Muslims claim him to be. I create this thread to facilitate frank discussion on this person. Is he a true or false prophet?

Well, Belloc considers him a heretic who took early Christian writings to form a new religion.

Of course, Jack Chick says he was duped into doing so by the Catholic Church and that his siter in law was an agent of the pope…

[quote=Brian_C]Well, Belloc considers him a heretic who took early Christian writings to form a new religion.

exactly, he took the nazaritic teachings and called them islam.

Of course, Jack Chick says he was duped into doing so by the Catholic Church and that his siter in law was an agent of the pope…

loooool.

Anyway, mohammad claimed to hear a “spirit” that brought him “revelations” from allah…this never happened before from God…who can make sure what this spirit said? mohammad alone.
Did anyone else hear this “spirit”? no. This is very unlike the Biblical God and how he interacted with His people.

Did mohamad perform any miracle like the Biblical prophets? no.

Was mohammad prophecized? no.

Does his book come from God? no, since many passages are taken from talmud and apocryphal books and jewish/Christian legends and since many of his teachings are labled blasphemous and sinful by God.

Finally, i believe in a God who keeps His Word. Hence i believe in The Holy Bible…any one who gives a different Gospel, let him be accursed.
[/quote]

Is Muhammad True Or False Prophet?

If you are giving me a choice I pick: False.

Hi Reuben!

Methinks he is a FALSE, an F an A an L an S an E, FALSE prophet. When a catholic believe he is a prophet (or good guy, puhleez!!) then we should be aware of him. Its just similarly like we consider David Koresh or Jim Jones a prophet of God.

Most Christians believe Muhommad was a false prophet or that the quran was badly corrupted. If you are indeed a Christian and you have studied the quran you are able to see that it clearly contradicts the biblical teachings about Jesus. It is certain that not all Christians agree on how to interpret the bible but in order to even be called a Christian, one must maintain a few core beliefs about Jesus Christ. Those beliefs don’t jive with the quran’s portrayal of Jesus. Primarily, he was not God, but rather a prophet of God. Also, the quran states that Jesus did not die on the cross but “it was made to appear” (by Allah) that He did. And, of course, if He did not die on the cross, He was not resurrected. As a Christian, I cannot concur with the quran’s portrayal of Jesus. Further, I strongly object to the idea that God (Allah) deceived the people into thinking that Jesus was crucified when He supposedly was not. This “faked” crucifiction would therefor be directly responsible for a “false” religion (Christianity). That just doesn’t make sense to me.

[quote=Prayer_Warrior]Most Christians believe Muhommad was a false prophet or that the quran was badly corrupted. If you are indeed a Christian and you have studied the quran you are able to see that it clearly contradicts the biblical teachings about Jesus. It is certain that not all Christians agree on how to interpret the bible but in order to even be called a Christian, one must maintain a few core beliefs about Jesus Christ. Those beliefs don’t jive with the quran’s portrayal of Jesus. Primarily, he was not God, but rather a prophet of God. Also, the quran states that Jesus did not die on the cross but “it was made to appear” (by Allah) that He did. And, of course, if He did not die on the cross, He was not resurrected. As a Christian, I cannot concur with the quran’s portrayal of Jesus. Further, I strongly object to the idea that God (Allah) deceived the people into thinking that Jesus was crucified when He supposedly was not. This “faked” crucifiction would therefor be directly responsible for a “false” religion (Christianity). That just doesn’t make sense to me.
[/quote]

What I cant understand is: Why are Jesus and Mary even mentioned in the Qur’an. First of all Jesus represented Love, and Redemption. Mary represented unquestioned obedience and purity. The Qur’an doesnt get involved with “loving one’s neighbor” but rather conquering and subjugating one’s neighbor, nor does it recognize the her being the Mother of God. It is just rediculous that Jesus & Mary are even mentioned in this book at all. Then maybe it needed some sort of credibility and thought it would be a good idea to include them.

The stories of Mary or Jesus in the Quran has already been debunked by Rodrigo in his thread. Read Parallelism thread here.

If one can get their hands on a book called:

The Life of Muhammed: A Translation of Ibn Ishaq’s Sirat Rasul Allah, Oxford University Press, 1955. This is an English translation of the earliest biography of Muhammed-written by a pius Muslim.

A devastating refutation of the witewashed, peacheful Muhammed of PC myth.

Muslims consider Mohammed the greatest prophet when he is the only “prophet” to be deceived by Satan and to recite the words of the devil and claim they were the words of God. That alone makes him a false prophet!

[quote=StMarkEofE]Is Muhammad True Or False Prophet?

If you are giving me a choice I pick: False.
[/quote]

But bro, you need to state your reasons why. Muslims will throw this at you for insulting the prophet without any solid argument. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering where are our Muslim friends. Maybe they are too busy at this momment to participate here. For fairness I’ve set up a thread on Paul. Nobody then can tell us that we are bashing Islam without putting our own religion to scrutiny.

Thanks and GB.
Reuben.

Hi there, CK. :cool: :love: :wave:

[quote=Prayer_Warrior]Most Christians believe Muhommad was a false prophet or that the quran was badly corrupted. If you are indeed a Christian and you have studied the quran you are able to see that it clearly contradicts the biblical teachings about Jesus. It is certain that not all Christians agree on how to interpret the bible but in order to even be called a Christian, one must maintain a few core beliefs about Jesus Christ. Those beliefs don’t jive with the quran’s portrayal of Jesus. Primarily, he was not God, but rather a prophet of God. Also, the quran states that Jesus did not die on the cross but “it was made to appear” (by Allah) that He did. And, of course, if He did not die on the cross, He was not resurrected. As a Christian, I cannot concur with the quran’s portrayal of Jesus. Further, I strongly object to the idea that God (Allah) deceived the people into thinking that Jesus was crucified when He supposedly was not. This “faked” crucifiction would therefor be directly responsible for a “false” religion (Christianity). That just doesn’t make sense to me.
[/quote]

Beautiful. I agree with you.

But actually Muslims believe that Jesus wrote a Gospel. Words of God revealed to him. He wrote it into a book. But heaven and earth know, the book alas was not to be found. Some said this is all Paul’s idea, a notorious guy, because he has his own agenda as a Roman agent. The present NT was false, twisted and products of hallucination of the disciples. Christians are therefore poor misled lots! :frowning:

False prophet :yup: Mohammed either badly misunderstood Catholicism/Judiaism or he twisted it to suite is own beliefs.

[quote=George Waters]Muslims consider Mohammed the greatest prophet when he is the only “prophet” to be deceived by Satan and to recite the words of the devil and claim they were the words of God. That alone makes him a false prophet!
[/quote]

I have to disagree about him being the only false prophet who has been deceived. When it comes to false prophets, I think that there are plenty more out there to be had… on the “Christian” side of things (ie. Joseph Smith)

[quote=Prayer_Warrior]I have to disagree about him being the only false prophet who has been deceived. When it comes to false prophets, I think that there are plenty more out there to be had… on the “Christian” side of things (ie. Joseph Smith)
[/quote]

I don’t think he was deceived as much as he was a deceiver with a wild imagination.

[quote=Prayer_Warrior]I have to disagree about him being the only false prophet who has been deceived. When it comes to false prophets, I think that there are plenty more out there to be had… on the “Christian” side of things (ie. Joseph Smith)
[/quote]

I agree, but I was only refrencing the “prophets” that Islam recognizes; Adam, Noah, Abraham, Mosses, Jesus and Mohemmad.

I pick FALSE!

Islam doesn’t make sense to me other than to say that it’s a religion of Satan. Sure, some of the “teachings” are supposedly about peace (giving alms, praying, etc) but then there is the rest of it - forcefully converting non-believers or killing them. I can’t see God telling ANYONE to do that.

Mohammed was a child-molesting, murdering soldier who had many wives. Doesn’t sound like a wholesome profit to me. And have you seen what happens when you even TRY to constructively criticize the truth of their religion? You get your head chopped off or your city burned.

Mohammed…false prophet indeed!

False !

[quote=George Waters]Muslims consider Mohammed the greatest prophet when he is the only “prophet” to be deceived by Satan and to recite the words of the devil and claim they were the words of God. That alone makes him a false prophet!
[/quote]

George, I congratulate you for being able to say that the Quran comes from Satan. I’ve been here for quite sometimes and have not been able to say that explicitly though I’ve been close. Perhaps that’s due to my deference to the Muslims here or wanting to be politically correct or just the fact that I just couldn’t believe one of the greatest religion today is Satan inspired! Maybe I am being brain-washed after hearing all the accolades about Muhammad to believe that, I don’t know.

Yet the facts of the matter are pointing dangerously to your statement, that is, it was Satan who was the angel Gabriel and that Allah was non-existence fall guy. Everything looks like it just Satan’s ingenious work.

The tale-tell symptoms that it was Satan’s work was too glaring that it could not be logically ignored. Everything from the beginning when Muhammad first received the revelation to his subsequent actions was not in harmony with what we Christians recognized as God and His angels’ actions.

For example when Muhammad received the revelation he experienced great pain. This is similar to an oppression stage before possession by the devil. The main action of the evil one is deception. Not everything is obvious but yet his objective is always to nullify the work of God. Satan knows who God is and he knows God’s Word. He is not stupid. But he will twist God’s Word so that it always results in something that’s opposite to God’s nature and will. He is a thief and a robber who steals and kills. He steals the truth and exchanges it with lies. He murders instead of giving abundant life.

If we look at Muhammad, isn’t that what he said and did?

Just food for thought…

Peace.

Reuben.

[quote=Reuben J]George, I congratulate you for being able to say that the Quran comes from Satan. I’ve been here for quite sometimes and have not been able to say that explicitly though I’ve been close. Perhaps that’s due to my deference to the Muslims here or wanting to be politically correct or just the fact that I just couldn’t believe one of the greatest religion today is Satan inspired! Maybe I am being brain-washed after hearing all the accolades about Muhammad to believe that, I don’t know.

Yet the facts of the matter are pointing dangerously to your statement, that is, it was Satan who was the angel Gabriel and that Allah was non-existence fall guy. Everything looks like it just Satan’s ingenious work.

The tale-tell symptoms that it was Satan’s work was too glaring that it could not be logically ignored. Everything from the beginning when Muhammad first received the revelation to his subsequent actions was not in harmony with what we Christians recognized as God and His angels’ actions.

For example when Muhammad received the revelation he experienced great pain. This is similar to an oppression stage before possession by the devil. The main action of the evil one is deception. Not everything is obvious but yet his objective is always to nullify the work of God. Satan knows who God is and he knows God’s Word. He is not stupid. But he will twist God’s Word so that it always results in something that’s opposite to God’s nature and will. He is a thief and a robber who steals and kills. He steals the truth and exchanges it with lies. He murders instead of giving abundant life.

If we look at Muhammad, isn’t that what he said and did?

Just food for thought…

Peace.

Reuben.
[/quote]

Most definitely a false prophet!
[left]Allah’s Apostle said:[/left]
"I have been made victorious with terror" Bukhari 4:52:220

And that is Mohammed’s legacy! Terror!

Vickie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.