Is my confirmation valid?

I got confirmed a few months ago in the extraordinary form. The priest told me that I needed a godfather who was confirmed. Unfortunately I knew nobody like that within my friends or family (either not confirmed or not even christian). I couldn’t find one so I thought one of the altar servants could do it. Though a few days before my confirmation the priest told me that my older brother was ok, even if he was not confirmed. So the bishop confirmed me with my brother next to me as my godfather. Is it valid? The priest told me that it was better to have someone I knew as a godfather, even if he was not confirmed.

This question is bugging me a lot when I think about it, do I need to do it again with someone who is confirmed?
Thank you for your help.

The following link should help answer your question about your confirmation. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Is this confirmation valid?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.