IS Online Eucharistic adoration WRONG?

Is there any benefit of viewing Eucharistic adoration online?
my schedule does not allow me to go in person as I would like.
I found different sites that stream their adoration chapel.
I can have in in a small window on my computer at work.
If there is no benefit I don’t see the need to bother, I will have to figure something else out.

it’s not a sin, but it’s also not the best way to get those amazing graces.

a small divine mercy image would be ideal :slight_smile:

If online adoration was sinful, those chapels would have been censured. And if it’s the only way you can get your adoration amd it helps your spirituality, that’s great. If you ever have an option for in-person adoration I strongly recommend doing so because, like Mass, being there and watching it on a screen are different experiences. (And you already mentioned you want to.) But I think it’s wonderful that you’re making time for God in the way you can.

Not wrong, but it is not the same as being in the physical Presence of our Lord.

It’s not wrong.
You can’t get indulgences for it and you don’t get the same amount/ type of grace from it.
But it’s certainly a worthwhile spiritual practice, especially if you can’t get to Adoration in person.
I’ve been thinking about just setting my screen to it and leaving it on all night to have the Lord virtually in my room.

It most certainly isn’t WRONG.

However, it could also not be RIGHT if it takes five minutes to walk to the nearest Church and worship Christ in the real presence, actually present in the tabernacle, or displayed in a monstrance.

If it serves as a visual reminder throughout the day to draw closer to the Lord interiorly, then that is a good thing.

IS Online Eucharistic adoration WRONG?

Its not wrong, otherwise it wouldn’t be streamed online. Its there for this very purpose.

Is there any benefit of viewing Eucharistic adoration online?
my schedule does not allow me to go in person as I would like.
If there is no benefit I don’t see the need to bother, I will have to figure something else out.

Of course its beneficial.

Take this analogy (its pretty much identical to your situation):
Talking with your family via skype or phone is better than not talking to them at all. And talking to them face to face is even better (but sometimes its not possible because you might be overseas).

Take yet another analogy:
Its like asking if there is any benefit of keeping a picture of your wife/son/daughter/girl friend at your work desk.
Of course, there’s plenty of benefits in doing this.

• It reminds you of them.
  • Their image makes you strive to be worthy of them. You strive to work hard and live up to their expectations and not only that but surpass their expectations.
  • The image inspires and motivates you to work hard and to do your best in everything.
  • You are in love with them and want others to realise this love for them.
  • etc., etc… (boy if I got a nickel for every reason I could list…)
    ^All of the above also equally (if not more so) apply to your streaming of the eucharistic adoration online.

I definitely prefer in person.

Im just looking for an extension when I am not

able to.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.