Is Oral Sex a mortal sin?

Assuming the couple is validly married thru the Church, and they enagage in oral sex. Can they still receive commuinion w/o confession or does this sin need to be confessed before receiving Holy Communion?

It’s ok for foreplay purposes, but the man must “finish” inside the woman.

Well for something to be mortal it has to be these 3 things

1. seriously wrong

2. you have to know it is wrong

3. you have to do it anyway

4. If oral sex is used for male ejaculation it is seriously wrong and can NEVER be done. It could be used as foreplay for men or women, but the end result has to be sexual intercourse.

5. NOW you do know it is wrong

6. If you did it.

So if you read all these 3 and do it anway (ejaculation without intercourse) it is mortal. OR in a woman’s case, if you just pleasured her and didn’t have intercourse that is equally as bad.

You also have to take into consideration the reasons for oral sex, especially if a woman is giving it to a guy. Their is such a bad conotation with it, and usually derogatory to woman, or the man forces the woman to do it, or makes them feel guilty if they don’t. The last thing you would want to do is to be “using” your wife. but if she likes/wants to do it, then that is between you two.

I hope that helps to clear things up.

and with all sins…if you are not sure if you should go to communion…don’t go…go to confession first…but we should all be going to confession on a regular basis anyway…even if we don’t mortally sin.

[quote=Seven Sorrows]Well for something to be mortal it has to be these 3 things

1. seriously wrong
  2. you have to know it is wrong
  3. you have to do it anyway.
    [/quote]

Number three should be “you have to do it with full consent of the will.”

So if someone holds a gun to your head and says “do it or else,” it’s not a mortal sin to do it.

This was also asked in the “Ask an Apoligist” forum. They said it is wrong unless used as foreplay, but if you are using it as birthcontrol or just for pleasure, it is a sin and should be confessed and discontinued.

[quote=StephiePea]This was also asked in the “Ask an Apoligist” forum. They said it is wrong unless used as foreplay, but if you are using it as birthcontrol or just for pleasure, it is a sin and should be confessed and discontinued.
[/quote]

Wow - finally something good about menopause - it makes oral sex OK (since the birth control part is taken care of “naturally”)!!!

[quote=patg]Wow - finally something good about menopause - it makes oral sex OK (since the birth control part is taken care of “naturally”)!!!
[/quote]

patg…pleeeeeeeeeeeese!!! :eek:

[quote=Seven Sorrows]You also have to take into consideration the reasons for oral sex, especially if a woman is giving it to a guy. Their is such a bad conotation with it, and usually derogatory to woman, or the man forces the woman to do it, or makes them feel guilty if they don’t.
[/quote]

“Bad conotation?” Nonsense. The reason might be the same reason that people engage in other types of foreplay – it’s fun.

Big deal.

[quote=patg]Wow - finally something good about menopause - it makes oral sex OK (since the birth control part is taken care of “naturally”)!!!
[/quote]

:smiley: :thumbsup: You got it! Heh, heh, heh.

So as long as it just used for foreplay and the acted is finished in the woman its ok? What about in the womans case where she can actually have an orgasm and then the man can continue to finsh in her ? Is that still ok ?

What if the man intends to finish inside the woman but accidentally doesn’t? Is that still a mortal sin?

[quote=nickrod]Assuming the couple is validly married thru the Church, and they enagage in oral sex. Can they still receive commuinion w/o confession or does this sin need to be confessed before receiving Holy Communion?
[/quote]

Many years ago our priest said that oral sex was a sin, he was more pacific and said the genital area !!!

[quote=sbcoral]What if the man intends to finish inside the woman but accidentally doesn’t? Is that still a mortal sin?
[/quote]

No. It was not intentional.

[quote=Elizabeth B.]No. It was not intentional.
[/quote]

Just remember, GOD KNOWS YOUR INTENTIONS!!!:smiley:

[quote=Stephen-Maguire]Many years ago our priest said that oral sex was a sin, he was more pacific and said the genital area !!!
[/quote]

What? I assume you meant more specific; but it looks like he was less specific.

So what did he say, "Sex in the genital area is a sin’?

Back about 15 years ago I met and became friends with a missionary. He was stationed in South America for over 30 years. He was back here for a year before going to the Phillapines.

He was Fr. Tim. He told me in plain language that oral sex opens the soul to either infestations or influences from the evil one. It will lead to other sins! Those things are the “effects” of mortal sin. It is mortal sin Tim says. I believe that too.

[quote=otm]What? I assume you meant more specific; but it looks like he was less specific.

So what did he say, "Sex in the genital area is a sin’?
[/quote]

Sorry about the spelling, damn caps lock :wink: yes the priest said that oral genital sex is a sin, his words not mine.

He Specifically stated that it was wrong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.