Is Our Faith founded solely on Miracles and Supernatural Acts?

How many Catholics really believe in miracles and supernatural acts that are stated in scipture, and Tradition of the Church?

catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=4152

I do, but it is not the only reason why I believe.:shamrock2: :irish1: :heart:

I for one believe in miracles 150%. This is simply because I witness them everyday and therefore know they are real.
In and of themselves they are not the most importnat thing in our faith. If our Church did not exist with mystery and miracles it would not be Divine.
Our faith is Christocentric. It is built on Christ and the New Commandment. It is built up by faith and miracles are present in the Church as a result of, and as a reward for, faith.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you my Irish Catholic brother!:irish2: :shamrock2: :irish1:

Many Happy Returns!

An Old Irish Blessing[LEFT]May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.[/LEFT]

I would hazard a guess and say most do. I certainly do?

Do you?

Those of us involved in the Charismatic Renewal continue to see them frequently. However, these things are a byproduct of faith…“signs to them that follow” and not the substance of the fatih, which is Jesus. And Jesus teaches us:
John 20:29
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."

Simply put, without miracles and supernatural acts there is no God. We couldn’t have identified God since they helped mankind seperate Him from false gods.

13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then neither has Christ been raised.
14 And if Christ has not been raised, then empty (too) is our preaching; empty, too, your faith.
15 Then we are also false witnesses to God, because we testified against God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if in fact the dead are not raised.
16 For if the dead are not raised, neither has Christ been raised,
17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins.

I COR 15

If you believe that the Eucharist is the Real Presence of Jesus, his Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, you are witnessing a miracle at each and every Mass you attend. Seriously.

Of course. During the Last Supper Jesus instituted His very self, his very presence into the bread He was using. At each and every Mass we witness the same miracle.

In the beginning God created Man. I have been present at the birth of our 4 children and have witnessed the miracle of our cooperation in God’s creation.

Of course I have witnessed my own healing from cancer amongst other things.

I have seen the barren concieve, the sick recover and so on.

Miracles are everywhere.

For those who believe no miracle is necessary, for those who do not believe, no miracle is enough.
[/quote]

Hi Maratom

St. Paul claims but one miracle to justify our faith : the Resurrection of Jesus.

If Christ is not resurrected, then our preaching is empty and empty is your faith. (…) If it is for this life only that we have put our hope in Christ, we are the most unhappy of all men.

1 Cor. 15,14ff

All other miracles may have apologetic value, buyt only one is fundamental: the Resurrection.

Verbum

I added another to how my faith is found - Tradition.

I wouldn’t know anything if my ancestors had not kept their faith.
I wouldn’t much about Catholic if my grandma and my mom…and most of all the Church had not teach me about the faith.

“We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.”
– St. Peter (2 Peter 1:16)

“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.”
– St. John (1 John 1:1)

It seems to me that one reason we believe (or trust that this stuff is really true) is that we trust those who were willing to suffer and die for what they believed. Who would die for what he knows is a lie?

Very good point - but not all died for the right cause…as you many know what is going on right now over some Eastern countries -

I am so glad that in my country Vietnam, we had so many people prosecuted for their Catholic faith. They are martyrs.

Also, by reading the lives of the Canonized Saints, it gives me so many great lessons of their love for God and their humility. This is one of reasons that assures me I am in the right religion.

If you knew without a shadow of a doubt, that it was a proven fact that Christ did not rise from the dead, and his grave is with us today, how would this affect your life? and what life changes would you make?

I would probably fall back into a hopeless depression and commit suicide. I don’t think I could find any reason for living.

"12 Now if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14 if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.1 Cor 15:15-19
15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified of God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. 17 If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied. "1 Cor 15:12-19

What are your beliefs?

They are stated in the Apostles Creed

I will think about that after I decide what I would do if gravity didn’t exist.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.