Is permissible for a muslim being friend of a kaffir?

The answer here 63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=21530&dgn=4

Greetings

If you are in a muslim country, you will be persecuted. I guess here in the US it’s not.

Pio

[quote=hlgomez]If you are in a muslim country, you will be persecuted. I guess here in the US it’s not.

Pio
[/quote]

If you really want the right answer…here it is…this is what most scholars have agreed upon

islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=8886

Read the whole thing it explains it nicely

I dont know what musilm country you are are talking about (since there is no muslim country practicing true Islam anywhere in the world).
My parents are from Egypt and have many coptic orthodox friends, both in Egypt and here…there is no law that prohibits it.

[quote=Faith101]I dont know what musilm country you are are talking about (since there is no muslim country practicing true Islam anywhere in the world).
[/quote]

Faith101,

I’ve seen you say this a few times. Roughly what percentage of Muslims don’t practice “true Islam”? Follow up: Are they aware of that?

Peace be with you,
RyanL

[quote=RyanL]Faith101,

I’ve seen you say this a few times. Roughly what percentage of Muslims don’t practice “true Islam”? Follow up: Are they aware of that?

Peace be with you,
RyanL
[/quote]

I dont know Ryan…I dont know how i would go about to find that information.

From what i’ve seen, individual muslims are becoming more religous. For instance, the people my age (early 20s) are much more religious than their parents, even though they were raised in a non-muslim country.

If someone kills an innocent person, than they are not following what Islam is preaching…they are following their own political agenda.

Are they aware of that? You get blinded…and you think you are doing the right thing, when in fact you are not. Look back at your own life and i’m sure you will find situations where you thought you “did the right thing” and now you realize that you didnt.

That didnt answer your question…but i honestly dont have a statistic or a number to give you an idea. Sorry :smiley:

[quote=RyanL]Faith101,

Peace be with you,
RyanL
[/quote]

Ok, now that i reread your comment. True Islam as it applies to a Muslim country is one that follow all the laws of Islamic law (based upon the Quran and the life of the Prophet (pbuh)). To date, there is no such country. So its distracting for someone to say “in this muslim country, they do this”

[quote=Faith101]If you really want the right answer…here it is…this is what most scholars have agreed upon
[/quote]

Do you have any source confirming that most Islamic scholars subscribe to this view? Do they take polls?

[quote=Maranatha]Do you have any source confirming that most Islamic scholars subscribe to this view? Do they take polls?
[/quote]

Hey Maranatha!

Did you read the entire response? He has proof from both the Quran and hadith. What more do you need?

Also, as stated in the response…if muslims were not allowed to BEFRIEND Christians and Jews…than how on earth would the men be allowed to marry from their women (and also make sure that he allows her to practice her religion and attend church). I think that makes it pretty clear…

[quote=Faith101]Hey Maranatha!

Did you read the entire response? He has proof from both the Quran and hadith. What more do you need?
[/quote]

The origial poster had proof from the Quran as well.

[quote=Faith101]Also, as stated in the response…if muslims were not allowed to BEFRIEND Christians and Jews…than how on earth would the men be allowed to marry from their women (and also make sure that he allows her to practice her religion and attend church). I think that makes it pretty clear…
[/quote]

I thought they were just not living up to true Islam.

QUOTE=Maranatha]The origial poster had proof from the Quran as well.

this is the hadith he used:
It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, “Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious.”

This hadith is encouraging muslims to not mingle with people who are not pious…in other words, are not good…bad company can do some dangerous things to a person. I dont know what the translated word “believer” was in arabic, i’ll try to find the arabic text for it. In any case, a muslim man can marry a christian woman…he is obvously gonna eat with her :slight_smile:

I thought they were just not living up to true Islam.

The Quran states that men can marry Jewish and Christian women…let me know if you really need the verse

[quote=Faith101]The Quran states that men can marry Jewish and Christian women…let me know if you really need the verse
[/quote]

Does it allow Islamic women to marry Jewish or Christian men?

[quote=Maranatha]Does it allow Islamic women to marry Jewish or Christian men?
[/quote]

No.

Why? B/c God said so.

Thats not going to be good enough i have a feeling…sooo…here goes. In Islam, women in a marriage have rights, specified in the Quran and in their marriage contract. Muslim men are required to abide by these rights. It is for the protection of the muslim woman…and because God said so :stuck_out_tongue:

My friend,
Until last year, Saudi Arabian schools were teaching not to have friendship with Non Muslims and also not to eat with Non Muslims.
However this year they removed that subject.
In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=hlgomez]If you are in a muslim country, you will be persecuted. I guess here in the US it’s not.

Pio
[/quote]

Sorry to correct you on this one my dear. I worked and lived with Muslims in Saudi Arabia (in fact I am waiting for another visit there) and they were very nice and kind to me. In fact, I still have contacts with some of my Muslim friends who are devouted to their faith.Yes, there are extremists but they are not the norm. I really hate to say this in public but your opinion is totally wrong.

manx

[quote=manx]Sorry to correct you on this one my dear. I worked and lived with Muslims in Saudi Arabia (in fact I am waiting for another visit there) and they were very nice and kind to me. In fact, I still have contacts with some of my Muslim friends who are devouted to their faith.Yes, there are extremists but they are not the norm. I really hate to say this in public but your opinion is totally wrong.

manx
[/quote]

Are you a Christian?(you did not mention your Religion in the profile) Have you ever seen any Church there? Why don`t you tell your nice and kind Saudi friends to build some Churches for their friends?
In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=Faith101]No.

Why? B/c God said so.

Thats not going to be good enough i have a feeling…sooo…here goes. In Islam, women in a marriage have rights, specified in the Quran and in their marriage contract. Muslim men are required to abide by these rights. It is for the protection of the muslim woman…and because God said so :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Islam allows men to dominate their wives. So if a Muslim man dominates a non-Muslim wife and suppresses her religion that’s OK from an Islamic point of view.

Allowing Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women has nothing to do with allowing (or not) Muslims to be friends to non-Muslims.

[quote=Maranatha]Islam allows men to dominate their wives. So if a Muslim man dominates a non-Muslim wife and suppresses her religion that’s OK from an Islamic point of view.

Allowing Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women has nothing to do with allowing (or not) Muslims to be friends to non-Muslims.
[/quote]

lol. well thank you for explaining my religion to me

needless to say, that is not correct. Muslim woman have rights…such as the RIGHT to get a divorce…is that allowed in many Christian denominations…no! So then she has to forego her right, and thats not happening

In Islam, the man is financially responsible for the household. iF the woman make a million dollars and he makes 50bucks…HE can not take her money, he has to use his own (there are roles for men and women in marriage…if you wanna talk about it, please open up a thread)

The relationship b/w a man and a woman is many things including friendship.

I think its pretty clear.

[quote=Faith101]lol. well thank you for explaining my religion to me

needless to say, that is not correct. Muslim woman have rights…such as the RIGHT to get a divorce…is that allowed in many Christian denominations…no! So then she has to forego her right, and thats not happening

In Islam, the man is financially responsible for the household. iF the woman make a million dollars and he makes 50bucks…HE can not take her money, he has to use his own (there are roles for men and women in marriage…if you wanna talk about it, please open up a thread)

The relationship b/w a man and a woman is many things including friendship.

I think its pretty clear.
[/quote]

Sorry if I offended but you didn’t refute my claim that the husband would suppress the wife’s religion.

Also, divorce is a moral shortfall for any religion. Moral shortfalls don’t come from God but from our adversary.

[quote=selvaraj]Are you a Christian?(you did not mention your Religion in the profile) Have you ever seen any Church there? Why don`t you tell your nice and kind Saudi friends to build some Churches for their friends?
In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

Yes, I am a Christian. I think the question of building chruches in Saudi Arabia is irrelevant if we understand where the Muslims are coming from. Apparently, it is a commnand from their prophet. I don’t have a problem with that. If the hindus will not allow non-hindus to erect churches in their holy land, I will also respect that.

peace,

manx

[quote=selvaraj]My friend,
Until last year, Saudi Arabian schools were teaching not to have friendship with Non Muslims and also not to eat with Non Muslims.
However this year they removed that subject.
In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

Please check your reference my dear because I met many graduates of these schools and they seem to be very cool with non-Muslims. I must say that if there are instances, like Christmas parties, they will avoid to attend because it is something very sensitive for them since they don’t believe that God begot a son. That’s what they believe and I have no problems with that.

manx

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.