Is procrastination a sin?

Is procrastination a sin? I was going to look it up in the Bible but never got the chance. I was going to check the CCC but I’ve been so busy. I was going to ask my priest but the timing was never right. Can anybody get back to me? Thanks,

Maybe this passage will help. James 4:14,17 “You have no idea what you rlife will be like tomorrow. You are a puff of smoke that appears briefly and then disappears…So for one who know the right thing to do and does not do it, it is sin.”

Habitual procrastination leads to sloth, which is one of the seven deadly sins.

*"Procrastination is my sin.
*It brings me naught but sorrow.
*I know that I should stop it.
*In fact, I will - tomorrow!
***** Gloria Pitzer *
:stuck_out_tongue:

You may also want to consider the story of Jonah, who not only put off what he was supposed to do, he ran away from it.

I busted out laughing, doesn’t anyone else read the post before answering?
Let’s put it in a list order.

[quote=chrisg93]Is procrastination a sin?
*I was going to look it up in the Bible but never got the chance.
*I was going to check the CCC but I’ve been so busy.
*I was going to ask my priest but the timing was never right.
*Can anybody get back to me?
Thanks,
[/quote]

ROFL!!!

[quote=Tom]I busted out laughing, doesn’t anyone else read the post before answering?
Let’s put it in a list order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg93
Is procrastination a sin?
*I was going to look it up in the Bible but never got the chance.
*I was going to check the CCC but I’ve been so busy.
*I was going to ask my priest but the timing was never right.
*Can anybody get back to me?
Thanks,
ROFL!!!
[/quote]

I was planning on replying to this tomorrow, but you beat me to it.

Peace in Christ…Salmon

Later… :thumbsup:

[quote=chrisg93]Is procrastination a sin? I was going to look it up in the Bible but never got the chance. I was going to check the CCC but I’ve been so busy. I was going to ask my priest but the timing was never right. Can anybody get back to me? Thanks,
[/quote]

okay, this is one of the funniest posts i’ve ever seen and i don’t even know if it was meant to be.

:rotfl: Oh my!! Very funny!

:slight_smile: Lilder

[quote=Salmon]I was planning on replying to this tomorrow, but you beat me to it.

Peace in Christ…Salmon
[/quote]

:smiley:

Is there a point to this thread any more? :wink:

Well, I was going to look it up for you, but I’ll just do it tomorrow.

hahaha!!

You just reminded me to pay my credit card tomorrow; otherwise, sin or not, the procrastination will result in financial charges, immediate money loss!

If you mean putting off conversion and participation in the spiritual life of Christ then yes, certainly, it can be presumption against the grace and mercy of God.

Aah, if you put it off for only one day then you haven’t truly mastered the art of procrastination :stuck_out_tongue:

The true procrastinator would never have asked.

I once asked this same question on CAF but no one ever got around to answering me.

Funny that I should run into this thread so soon… I haven’t been on CAF for ages (couldn’t be bothered getting into so many complicated discussions, it was like yelling at a brick wall when you have no voice box). I only came by here to put off doing some uni work. Anyway, got to goto a lecture now, cya soon!

Back again. Tonight I need to do an advanced graphics assignment that was due last Friday and then tomorrow I need to do a biomechanics assignment that was due last Wednesday.

It’s sad that there are so many hard working people who would love to be able to do such subjects and really commit themselves but don’t have the talent or the means. While some who do have the talent and the means (like me) are lazy bludgers and don’t give our best and don’t get the most out of the subject we could.
SUCH IS LIFE.

Hmm - I can’t put of these assignments any longer though and still pass. So chances are that instead, I’ll put them off till the last half hour I could possibly work on them and then just submit something of poor quality. Combined with the penalty for lateness, I’ll still fail the assignment. However in one of these subjects I can make up for that in the final exam. The other doesn’t have a final exam, so I dunno what I can do there.

On another note (not related to the thread topic), does anyone ever notice that the discussions on CAF never change? Having been away for a year, I’m surprised to see that 3/4 of the threads are discussing the same things that we discussed to death when I used to post regularly.

Yup, they’re the same discussions we Catholics have been having with the Orthodox for 1,000 years and the others for 500 :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.