Is realy heart of kid better then heart of old man?

People were bringing Jesus even kids who eat mother milch .
That disciples did not accept.
But Jesus has tolded that the in King of Heaven is full of children.
Heart of children is better heart that from old man.
Is that mean that in average hearts of old human beings are bad.
How could that be?
That I am with as little girl better in heart then now when I am over 30.
How can I have a heat of little girl.
With avoiding sins?
With playing by God rule?
With having love for human beings?

There are many ways for a grown man/woman , to still keep the heart of a child.

We need to see the difference between the words *“childish”, *and “childlike”. The one we need to emulate is *“childlike”. *Here is a quote to consider from Matthew 11:25 NAB] :

At that time Jesus said in reply, "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike.

Other translations of Matthew 11:25 render that verse, “…you have revealed them to mere children.”

Children are more receptive and unpretentious than adults can be. These are some of the fruitful ways to live our faith - receptively and unpretentiously.

I find that confiding myself to our Blessed Mother Mary, helps to keep me living my faith with a simplicity.

When children are small, they contemplate and try to imitate their parents. This is another way of looking at it ; contemplating/imitating our Heavenly Father and our Blessed Mother - and particularly, our big brother Jesus.

Sometimes, accepting without even being able to totally understand some article of our faith in its entirety (As I heard a priest say once: "Our Lord said, ‘Take this and eat it’ - He didn’t say, 'Take this and understand it. ’ " ) is requested of us.

What I find interesting, is that when St. Thomas Aquinas - one of the greatest Catholic intellects we have ever known, fell ill and was taken to a monastery at Fossanuova,to conclude his life on this earth ** " the confessor who had been with him in the inner chamber, ran forth as if in fear and whispered that his (Aquinas’) confession, had been that of a child of five (years old)."*

*(Quote taken from G.K Chesterton’s SAINT THOMAS AQUINAS, The Dumb Ox, © 1933 Sheed & Ward Inc., © 1956 Doubleday; pg. 143)

A child is totally dependent on his/her parents, as we are totally dependent on God. Children accept that they are dependent. Adults have trouble with this idea. To me, having the heart of a child means to recognize that I am totally dependent on God, that I can do nothing without Him.

I too have found that passage troubling. It sounds like God believes that we are products of what we learn throughout our lives and that we either cannot or do not set aside what we learn either good or bad.

Sometimes it is hard to get back to where we were and unlearn what has been taught to us by life. Confession helps but we still remember. Prayer helps us to find the answer.
A lot of the times I wish I could go back to where I was. I don’t think that the hearts of old human beings are bad but that we carry the baggage of our life experiences and we use that as we go forward.

Like the previous poster says little children have a clean mind that is unburdened by life lessons and have to be taught and that we as older mortals have to be able to put our learned lessons behind us and forget the past.

That’s the rub. How do we forget the past and not be tarnished by it. A child is untarnished by life lessons.

That’s why I like to hear the old spirituals. The lines of them bring comfort. My favorite line is “I’m just a poor wayfaring stranger traveling through this world of woe” one of these days I will remember the rest of that song. I think that sums up pretty much what Christ was talking about in your referenced line.

Peace and enjoy your day.

:thumbsup:

John 15:5 [NAB]

I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.