Is river Euphrates realy drying up like "Revelations"?

Hello.

Recently I read, hat river Euphrates is drying up, and that’s related with the book of revelations.

I would like to know what we can say about it.

Thanks

Where did you read this? Do you have a source for this information? Also, Revelation isn’t necessarily meant to be interpreted literally–the verse where this is mentioned could have an underlying symbolic significance, as does most of the book. Revelation refers to both things that were happening at the time it was written and to things that were to happen in the future, but not necessarily literal historical events being predicted so much as events symbolizing things that would happen.

-ACEGC

What else could it mean?

Give the references, if not you can not be credible :nope:

Also if you want to read about the Revelation you can go here, to a Catholic site:
www.newtorah.org

Greetings,
Gloria

This is the link.

nasa.gov/mission_pages/Grace/news/grace20130212.html

All bodies of water in the Middle East are drying up. There are many more people there now and agriculture takes a lot of irrigation. Take a look at recent pictures of the Dead Sea. It is now two bodies of water,only connected by a canal that the Israelis have cut. I have heard it said that the next great war in the middle East will be over water, not oil. In fact, in many areas, a barrel of water is much more expensive than a barrel of oil.

Rev 16:12 The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great river Euphra’tes, and its water was dried up, to prepare the way for the kings from the east.
16:13 And I saw, issuing from the mouth of the dragon and from the mouth of the beast and from the mouth of the false prophet, three** foul spirits like frogs;
16:14 for they are
demonic spirits**,** performing signs**, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty.
16:15 (“Lo, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is he who is awake, keeping his garments that he may not go naked and be seen exposed!”)
16:16 And they assembled them at the place which is called in Hebrew Armaged’don.
As you can see, it is connected with activity of demonic spirits — spirits or falsehood, division, lies, … It is fierce combat against the presence of God’s Spirit in the world. Just as God’s Spirit works primarily within those who accept Him, these demonic spirits will be working in the minds and hearts of those who reject God’s Spirit.

The Euphrates was one of the rivers that watered the Garden of Eden. The book of Sirach(Ecclesiasticus) tells us that the Euphrates is connected in meaning to “understanding”.
Sirach: 24:26 ** It makes them full of understanding, like the Euphrates, and like the Jordan at harvest time.**
(Sirach 24:23-29 is very helpful in grasping the spiritual meaning of the 4 rivers in Eden.)

So, essentially, the most important meaning of Rev. 16:12 is spiritual. However, physical combat could also be part of the battle against good - against God’s children.

It is possible that God would allow a physical event ( physical drying up of the river Euphrates) as a sort of physical sign warning us to pay attention those Scripture passages that speak of its “drying up”; and/or as a physical event manifesting what is taking place on a spiritual level.

These are just my thoughts. In trying to understand the book of Revelation, I usually try to:

1. read any Catholic commentaries I have access to
  2. research any spiritual meanings Scripture applies to the physical terms (eg. in this passage: Euphrates, water, mouth (of dragon,beast, false prophet,), etc.

I really thank you all for you answers. Everytime I searched in google “Euphrates”, there were too many links saying “Euphrates is drying up like in the book of revelations”, but of course, all were protestant sources, who constantly say “The end is near”. Therefore I wanted to know your opinions.

In addition to that, there are other events prior to “drought of Euphrates river”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.