Is saying the Rosary allowed in Mass?

There was a debate in one of the forums about saying the rosary during the Mass. Most people were for it and some were against it. I can actually see both sides but I was wondering if it is allowed and if so, is it recommended or frowned upon? I’m not talking about the first few minutes to finish up a rosary, I’m talking about starting at the beginning of Mass and saying an entire decade during the Mass. I asked one poster for documentation that we can say it during Mass but all they gave me was pre-Vatican documents. I’m hoping there are more recent documents that might clear this up.

When I was little, like most kids I did not pay attention much at Mass. When I would look around and see someone praying the rosary I’d wonder why they didn’t have to pay attention. I personally cannot multitask and it would be difficult for me to pray and meditate on the rosary during Mass, yet I understand there are people that can do both evidently at the same time. Is it okay for those that can focus both on the Mass and their rosary to say the rosary while participating in the Mass?

Thanks and God Bless,
Snert

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
Should I pray the Rosary during Mass?**
*]Should rosaries be in hand at Communion?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.