Is selling your soul to the devil possible?

My daughter wants to attend a very elite college more than anything else. She has good grades and SAT scores but she still is not sure that she will get in. In distress one night, she had a thought of selling her soul to Satan in exchange for getting in. She did not call upon Satan, she just had this thought. She of course did not mean this and quickly regretted even the mere thought of Satan. Now she is terribly distressed, she is having anxiety, trouble concentrating and the like. She feels that she has ruined her life and Satan will claim her soul if she is able to gain admission to this school and actually attends. I have read on other sites that Satan cannot read your mind and have tried to comfort her with this knowledge. I have assured her that only God knows what is in her thoughts and heart and that she will be fine. She still is concerned. Can you give me some thoughts or information to pass along to her? The anxiety and distress is getting worse and I am very concerned for her well being. Thank you very much.
A concerned Mom

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching regarding “selling your soul to the devil”. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*] Can someone actually sell his soul to the devil?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.