Is Sin evil

If seem is evil then we must condemn it. However we are to forgive the person. Hate the sin love the sinner. Why is it that so many Catholics accept sin as if it where ok? I know we are called to love our neighbor but why does it seem that some Catholic take that as a way if say it isn’t my business if my brother/sister is leading a life that has them hell bond. All comment welcome. Sorry if it seems like I am being judgmental but I have seen it to many times.

I will pray and ask for understanding of these from God and Mary.

Perhaps this is partly in reaction to an era where some sinners were ostracized from their church, family, community while others were not. My mom used to recite the "acts of spiritual mercy" and would frequently forget the same one: "Admonish the sinner". I asked her why she forgot that one so often and she said, "Perhaps it is due to growing up in a family that always admonished sinners, perhaps too much, but forgot the other six acts of spiritual mercy."

That might be one reason, another is that the old pendulum has swung so far from admonishing sinners or judging sin that people are now becoming moral cowards. Where is the balanced view?

Well, there is such an epidemic of sin in today’s society. I guess we can feel if we even tried to do that, that we’d be admonishing every moment of everyday, everyone!

I guess we have begun to believe that we need to then pick our battles, so to speak.

Although, I think it’s true that some Catholics never admonish at all but should, at least from time to time.

sin is that which cooperates with evil., satan did not sin. satan and the angels went against GOD. the origin of evil is in those angelic beings that went against GOD ,the origin of sin is in man, this is why its called original sin. so anyone who knowingly and willfully cooperates with evil is in a state of sin

[quote="Loving_disciple, post:1, topic:346008"]
If seem is evil then we must condemn it. However we are to forgive the person. Hate the sin love the sinner. Why is it that so many Catholics accept sin as if it where ok? I know we are called to love our neighbor but why does it seem that some Catholic take that as a way if say it isn't my business if my brother/sister is leading a life that has them hell bond. All comment welcome. Sorry if it seems like I am being judgmental but I have seen it to many times.

I will pray and ask for understanding of these from God and Mary.

[/quote]

Have you not read Jesus's teaching wrt the wheat and the darnel?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.