Is something that is objectively sinful, inherently sinful?

If possible back your claim (one way or another) with actions or things for each case. By objectively sinful I mean something perceived as sinful vs inherently sinful, meaning in and of itself outside of perception it is sinful.

That is not what objectively sinful means. What you describe would be subjectively sinful.

Objectively sinful and inherently sinful mean the same thing.

True that’s a little closer but objectively still fits. In the sense of a dispassionate viewpoint on a '‘thing’'s (ie action, word, etc) sinfulness vs it actual sinfulness. Just because I logically or dispassionately judge something sinful does not mean it is inherently

Again, what you are referring to is subjectively sinful. Objective means as it actually is, subjectively means as you see it.

This is actually a misconception of the term “objectively” in Catholicism. “Objectively” in Catholic teaching refers to the object to which something leads. In vernacular, objectively is most often used how you describe it though. It just depends whether we’re discussing the term “objectively” used in Catholicism (which means my definition) or the one used by your everyday person (which means 1ke’s definition).

The Canadian Bishops explained this distinction in their discussion of homosexuality, as homosexual attractions are “objectively” disordered and homosexual sexual acts are “intrinsically” disordered, and they wanted to explain the difference for those who took those words to be identical.

What comes to mind is this goofy example -
I caved in from my diet and grabbed the Blue Bunny Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice cream sitting all by itself in the freezer.
Out of control, it was hard to stop eating it. Eventually I forced myself to shove it back in the fridge. Oddly, I felt like as if I had sinned. And perhaps I really did by gluttony. I wasn’t sure. I do know if I did sin, it wasn’t intentional. Perhaps this doesn’t relate to the question. Yet if I knew before hand I was going to overeat, knew it was a sin, and carelessly went ahead, then ‘yep!’ that is sin.
It’s just like drinking. If you know your going to get stoned if you start and know its a mortal sin, do it anyway, you’ve offended God.
To me, perceiving it as a sin is the same as knowing it is one. If one is unsure, it is best to avoid the thing until you know. Yet even if you were unsure and did not avoid it, you haven’t sinned because of ignorance.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.