Is something wrong with me?

I'm a newbie, but confession doesn't freak me out. Of course I'm ashamed of my sins, but I'm not scared to tell the priest. I'm never vague either. Is it because I am new and when the newness wears off I will be uncomfortable? After talking with people and seeing posts on here, it seems like I'm odd. lol. Are there others out there like me? :blush: Should I be worried that it doesn't bother me?

[quote="KendraDZ1902, post:1, topic:327611"]
I'm a newbie, but confession doesn't freak me out. Of course I'm ashamed of my sins, but I'm not scared to tell the priest. I'm never vague either. Is it because I am new and when the newness wears off I will be uncomfortable? After talking with people and seeing posts on here, it seems like I'm odd. lol. Are there others out there like me? :blush: Should I be worried that it doesn't bother me?

[/quote]

Don't worry. Your not being freaked out is not abnormal. Im not either. I am very comfortable going to confession.

I do believe (and so it's personal opinion here), it has more to do with temperment of personality more than anything...

No, you are not odd. Not by a long shot.. :)

Not at all I think it's best to be as open as possible and to call it for what it is

[quote="Marie5890, post:2, topic:327611"]
Don't worry. Your not being freaked out is not abnormal. Im not either. I am very comfortable going to confession.

I do believe (and so it's personal opinion here), it has more to do with temperment of personality more than anything...

No, you are not odd. Not by a long shot.. :)

[/quote]

This. It's a personality thing.

It also may have something to do with the frequency with which you go to confession. To more often a person goes the more comfortable they are with it.

You are quite normal there Kendra. Asking God for forgiveness is an emotionally touching and healing thing to do!

It's perfectly normal Kendra, trust me I was like you at first when I went to confession in a while but once you get in there it's best to tell everything and the priest totally understands.

God Bless you and everyone today!

It's what we need to do, go and tell your sins to the Priest. You are happy to receive absolution and begin again. Then receive the body and blood of Jesus through the Holy Eucharist unstained. I would love to see everyone go to weekly confession again. Welcome to the Catholic Church. May your faith journey hold many blessings in the years ahead.

Don't worry Kendra. I am converting to Catholicism and I never went to confession. So, the first time I go I will be a little nervous telling the priest everything I can remember! So, you are lucky that you are not uncomfortable at all. :thumbsup:

Hello KendraDZ1902-There is nothing "odd" about u or me or anyone individual-we all have our different personalities-the persona of the self is unique. It's good that u can speak with priest without concerns for speaking-Our Lord has known each of us before we were born-he has us all mapped out in his plans. Stay in pray to see what direction he is leading u.

[quote="KendraDZ1902, post:1, topic:327611"]

[/quote]

If you aren't freaked out now, you probably aren't going to be. It may cause more distress for people who have a tender conscience or who are scrupulous, or anxious by nature. Calm people perhaps are not as nervous. It might also depend on the priest you have. Some are intimidating and seem stern. Some are so warm and personable you can't imagine being nervous or anxious.

Thanks, y'all! It's good to know that I am normal and it is fine that I don't get nervous. Whew.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.