Is the mass valid?

I was wondering if the daily mass I’ve been going to is valid if the priest during the Eucharistic prayer omits the remaining “of me” - in the following part of the prayer:

“Take this, all of you, and drink from it, for this is the chalice of my blood, the blood of the new and eternal covenant, which will be poured out for you and for many for the forgiveness of sins. Do this in memory of me

The church I go to for this daily mass is not my home parish, so I’m hesitant to ask the priest about it. (I only go to this church because the mass time and place is convenient for me before I go to work). If it’s not valid, I’l have to go somewhere else.

While the priest shouldn’t be changing things at Mass, especially the words of consecration, a small change in wording does not invalidate the sacrament:

1. Defects on the part of the form may arise if anything is missing from the complete wording required for the act of consecrating… If the priest were to shorten or change the form of the consecration of the Body and the Blood, so that in the change of wording the words did not mean the same thing, he would not be achieving a valid Sacrament. If, on the other hand, he were to add or take away anything which did not change the meaning, the Sacrament would be valid, but he would be committing a grave sin.
  • Pope Saint Pius V’s Papal Bull De Defectibus
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.