Is the soul indwelled by the Divine Trinity a composite of man and God?

The indwelling of God in our soul dramatically changes us, it deifies us and makes us in a sense God by participation so, can it be said that we become a composite of man and God even though the human nature and the Divine nature never mix but that in a very real sense Divine nature becomes part of what we are?

P.S. English isn’t my first language, so I apologize if I’m not being clear enough.

No, this describes the special action on souls in the State of Grace. By this " in dwelling " God is bestowing special gifts and helps to that person and loves this person as His adopted child.

Linus2nd

I’m not saying that we become God by nature but by participation, so the result of the human soul being indwelled by The Holly Trinity transforms us in a real sense, so that this state becomes what we are?

Whole books have been written on this subject. According to the Catholic view, only the Son of God has the nature of God. Men “participate” in the divine nature, as a preceding poster here mentioned. This occurs through supernatural grace, which causes such deification.
According to Ludwig Ott’s “Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma,” (pp. 256-7) which refers to the teaching of the Church as it proceeds,
The New Testament says we participate in the divine nature (2 Pet 1:4)
"In view of the nature and degree of the participation in the divine nature, two extremes are to be avoided:
It must not be conceived in the pantheistic sense of the transformation of the soul into the divinity; the infinite distance between Creator and created remains.
Neither must it be conceived as a mere moral communion with God, which consists in the imitation of the moral perfections of God, analogous to the sinner’s childhood of the devil.?
The deification of the soul “consists in an accidental unification which is accomplished by a created gift of God; this assimilates the soul to God and unifies it with Him in a manner transcending all created powers.”

First, you have to prove that all Three Persons of the Trinity do in fact indwell in a soul!

Where one divine person exists, all three are present, for there is but one God.

Each divine person is distinct but not separate.

In sanctifying grace, a Christian is a son of the Father, a brother to Jesus, and a temple of the Holy Spirit.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

Okay, I understand that the Holy Spirit dwells in us as in a Temple, provided we’re in a state of grace. And the Son dwells in us by the Sacrament during Communion. But the Person of the Father does not dwell in us, though he may be present since all three share the same “essence”. Would this view be the correct Catholic view?:confused:

The catholic view would be that where one divine person is, the other two are also.
So if the Holy Spirit dwells in us as in a Temple, then so too do the other two divine persons.

If we said that the other two didn’t, then the conclusion would be that they are separate and dwelling elsewhere. Then that would mean that there are two Gods not just one.

It is a mystery. But there are some things about the mystery we do know that helps us to understand, but not everything.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.