Is their a place for homosexuals in the Church? Check this video out!

It’s hard to say, but it seems like there isn’t a place for homosexuals in the Church. I’ve spent the past month trying to find out what vocation they can take part in or what role they can play in the Church. There’s a lot of “vocation to chastity” things that I see, but that is a call to every human being, not a vocation. So if homosexuals can’t marry (since they aren’t attracted to the opposite sex) and they can’t become ordained, where do they belong? I know that the Church accepts all people since we are all sinners, but it also gives people a purpose. The Church doctrine seems very vague when explaining a place for homosexuals and only says to accept them (as people) lovingly and sensitively.

Dear friend,

Their vocation is the basic vocation that all Christians have: to take up their cross daily and to follow Jesus Christ. How they will do this depends on what the Lord has designed for them. As single lay people their principal ministry is to live their love for Him where ever they live and work. Also, there are many parish ministries they may participate in: extraordinary ministers of the Eucharist, lectors, visitors to the sick and home-bound, etc. There are many people who do not have same sex attraction who also are single and minister in such ways.

It is important to remember that we don’t receive our purpose from what WE do, but from WHO HE IS! We are all about HIM. We each have His finger prints all over us. Or better; WE are His finger prints!

I encourage you to watch this video: everlastinghills.org/movie/

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.