Is there a category for helping the poor or needy?

Is there a category for helping the poor or needy anywhere on Catholic Answers Forum ?

Is there a category for helping the poor or needy anywhere on Catholic Answers Forum?

could it come under social justice forums here?

There isn’t one explicitly for helping the poor I don’t think.

The best place for that would be the social justice sub forum.

Would you define your question a bit?

Are you looking for ways you can help? For that, contact your parish Social Justice committee or Diocese office of Catholic Charities.

If you want to discuss moral issues about helping poor and needy, like “Should we give money to panhandlers on the street?”, or talk generally about ways people could help, like “How do I start a program to help the poor in my parish?” then it’s Social Justice category.

The TOS prohibits soliciting donations on here.

Ok.

By “Category” ,
I meant things that may be listed under " categories" such as Moral Theology, Sacred Scripture, Popular Media" , Apologetics,etc

By “helping” ,
I meant collaborating and/or suggesting any solutions or thoughts that could help poor or needy people in any or specific environments.

By “poor or needy” ,
I meant financially or otherwise, people that have little or no income, may be living in substandard environments, may be handicapped, sick, starving, etc.

Sounds like a topic for “Social Justice” (under Apologetics) to me.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.