Is there a Catholic response to the Hebrew Roots movement?

I have a relative who is deep into the Hebrew Roots movement which entails rejecting Christian holidays - Christmas, Easter - as “pagan” and instead insisting on keeping the Biblical feasts. He also eats only “clean” foods and worships on the Sabbath - Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. He wears tzit tzit, and generally keeps as much of the letter of the Law of Moses as can be kept. He believes that when Yeshua (Jesus) returns, the Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and animal sacrifice will resume.

He believes that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

I did find a Protestant website which has articles and links to outside articles debunking much of what is taught, but it comes, of course, with a Protestant twist and seems to be missing so much. It is www.joyfullygrowingingrace.com for anyone who’s interested.

But my question to this forum is whether or not any Catholic apologists have taken a long and serious look at this movement and what it teaches. If so, who and where are they??

Thank you!

The following link should answer your questions about Jewish traditions. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Is it wrong for Christians to practice Jewish traditions?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.