Is there a hidden wisdom in Ecclesiastes 1:2-3, 7–11? If so, what?

"Vanity of vanities! All is vanity. What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun? That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one might say, 'See this, it is new'? Already it has existed for ages which were before us. There is no remembrance of earlier things, and also of the later things which will occur; there will be for them no remembrance among those who will come later still."
--Ecclesiastes 1:2-3, 7–11

It seems rather plain to me. The most controversial moral issues of today seem to have only been issues in the last few decades, yet, when we look to history, we find that they have been raging for thousands of years and only quieted for a time when the teaching of the Church held influence on society.

[quote="SonCatcher, post:2, topic:334868"]
It seems rather plain to me. The most controversial moral issues of today seem to have only been issues in the last few decades, yet, when we look to history, we find that they have been raging for thousands of years and only quieted for a time when the teaching of the Church held influence on society.

[/quote]

I take it a bit more literally; that the technology that exists today already existed in ages prior to us.

Is there another world that guides and controls our world? From where does technology come? How else could our world grow to over seven billion people without it crashing? Our innate wit is simply too puny to account for all the high tech advances that you see in this world. Heck, please tell me if you have the innate wit to figure out how to mass produce simple boxes of toothpicks? Let me say that none of us have the innate wit to figure out the production process, especially the designing and building of the machinery. Now consider how our technology and world advanced so drastically over the past 150 years. Consider having to design and build the machinery and tooling necessary to mass produce computer chips. Such engineering feats, again, is far, far beyond our puny innate wit. My suggestion to everyone is to be humble, and seek God!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.