Is there a "how to" thread for this forum?

For instance, I would like to know how to quote another. Thank you.

To quote someone, you can do one of two things:

The first way is to highlight a selection (or all) of the text you want to quote. A “quote” option will come up.

Or you can press ‘reply’ at the bottom of a thread and then select the little speech bubble in the left hand corner of the reply window. This will only quote the whole of the original post for you, though, so if you want to quote another user who isn’t the original poster, press the reply button under their post.

I hope that helped! There are a lot of threads in site feedback about ‘how to’ so it’s worth using the search function if you have a question. We also have @discobot which can guide you.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small. — Lao Tzu

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

The discobot tutorials teach many other how-to topics. (See discobot’s post just above.)

I suppose it’s too late now, but it might have been wiser to use one of the standard forum software brands that most folks have already used multiple times. I’ve been using forums almost daily for 20 years, and have written my own forum software from scratch. If I’m confused many others likely are as well. Most of them will just quietly vanish. But anyway, just an opinion. I really do wish you good luck with this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.