Is there a patron saint of long-distance relationships?

Or a patron saint of people giving a relationship a second chance?

Hmm…every time you say and “Our Father” with your intention you’re asking that “[His] will be done…”

I would suggest St. Valentine, because I’m a sentimental romantic at heart. I am also going to suggest you pick up the Bible and check out the Book of Tobit…Saint Raphael the Archangel is known as a patron of both travel and love for helping Tobias to complete his quest and Sarah to overcome a demon so she could marry Tobias.

The Patron Saints Index also mentions Saint Dwynwen.

I’ve actually been praying a novena (two in fact, one leading up to my first contact, one since then for continued graces) to St Jude, St Valentine & St Raphael (it’s 3 separate prayers I found and knitted together into one). Pleased to say it’s worked out well so far.

[quote="Miserissima, post:2, topic:143943"]
Hmm...every time you say and "Our Father" with your intention you're asking that "[His] will be done..."

I would suggest St. Valentine, because I'm a sentimental romantic at heart. I am also going to suggest you pick up the Bible and check out the Book of Tobit...Saint Raphael the Archangel is known as a patron of both travel and love for helping Tobias to complete his quest and Sarah to overcome a demon so she could marry Tobias.

The Patron Saints Index also mentions Saint Dwynwen.

[/quote]

I already knew about Saint Dwynwen, that's who I prayed to so that I got to be with the man I love, and I knew of St Valentine for obvious reasons, but this new information about a Saint Raphael is very helpful. I will pray to him so that my lover and I can finally be together.:harp:

You could try 9 memore express novena, can you share with us the prayer you knitted together?

Stiffkittenbabe are you praying for a long distance relationship?

[quote="crystal_waters, post:6, topic:143943"]
Stiffkittenbabe are you praying for a long distance relationship?

[/quote]

Well there are times when I pray for my relationship more than others. But what I really should be doing is making more time to let God know how grateful I am for sorting this one out for me. I've been with this man for almost 2 years and all the travelling is very difficult. All I want is for us to live like a normal couple, and I know this must be God's plan for me because otherwise he wouldn't have answered my prayers about getting into the relationship in the first place.
Is that what you are asking me?

P.S. Thanks for your help.

DL82, and Stiffkittenbabe, heres a website that may be a great help to you both

missionbell.homestead.com/afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.