Is there a point?

i’ve been told and read in the bible that we must have complete faith in God and in our prayers for them to be answered. I am very weak in faith, and i really want to believe 100%. I have been praying for my faith to get stronger. Will this prayer not be answered? What other ways can i get my faith back?

Not a complete trust, but trust is necessary for prayer. The more you trust God, the more graces He will give you.

I am confident that the more you pray, the more your faith will grow. Don’t give up! Keep reading the Bible, it will help you trust God. :thumbsup:

You’re a human being. Questioning is natural and is intended to help you grow. Even St Therese has a period of time where she lived with doubt, during her illness, but she continued to live in love and worship of God and in kindness to others.

Remember that Jesus cried out, “My God, My God, why have You abandoned Me?” in doing so he showed His humanity in profound suffering and grief." Soon after wards He commended His Spirit to God. Whoever said to you that we must have ‘complete faith’ was being idealistic, not realistic.

Mark 9:20-27
"They brought the boy to him. And when he saw him, the spirit immediately threw the boy into convulsions. As he fell to the ground, he began to roll around and foam at the mouth.
Then he questioned his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” He replied, "Since childhood iIt has often thrown him into fire and into water to kill him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.“
Jesus said to him, " ‘If you can!’ Everything is possible to one who has faith.”
**Then the boy’s father cried out, “I do believe, help my unbelief!” **
Jesus, on seeing a crowd rapidly gathering, rebuked the unclean spirit and said to it, “Mute and deaf spirit, I command you: come out of him and never enter him again!”

Note that Jesus asked for faith, the man indicated his faith wasn’t perfect. Jesus gave him what he asked Him for anyway, understanding that yes, the man had faith, though not 100% faith. Jesus knows we a re human.

I hope some of that helps

O God
God,
In my lack of trust, let me live faith.
In my disappointment, let me live hope.
In my bleakness, let me live joy.
In the emptiness of my heart, let me live love.
In my deprivations, let me value what is precious before You.
In my anger and resentment, let me live generosity and forgiveness.
In my detachment, let me live community.
In the difficulties of commitment, let me be dedicated.
In my failures, let Your Spirit bless and heal.
In my successes, let Your will be served.
In human reality, let me live spiritual wisdom.
In maturity, let me become true child of the Father.
In my individuality, let me live in Eucharistic communion.
In the kind and warm things that I try to do, let Your grace flow.
In the confusion of my life, in my striving and good intentions
regardless of my doubts and mistakes, let me fully live Your will in vibrant, humble trust.

this really helped!!! THANK YOU

Try persistent prayer, that tends to be very effective as well. And it will be helpful for strenghtening your faith.

It is entirely up to you. Remember: Prayer is useless without action.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Both prayer and action will strengthen your faith. Start with a simple prayer routine and either participating in or organizing an event for charity. Charity is a virtue afterall.

Perhaps you could pick a different virtue to be a focus of your efforts. Humility is a good one or maybe Temperance. Do a little reading or web surfing to get up to speed on what you might do.

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.